Chapter 15: Forest of Charaka

After yesterday's events with Sakura and Kakashi's talk with Karen, the entire team was now in the woods with Kakashi to train. He was on crutches and wasn't moving fast.

"I wonder what kind of training we will do," Naruto said.

"Well, whatever it is, it won't involve any sparing," Sakura said.

Karen sighed and shook her head.

"Just because he is on crutches doesn't mean he can't still fight," Karen stated, rolling at Sakura's comment, thinking their sensei couldn't fight.

Kakashi sensei then started explaining the training exercise.

"Today exercise. You're going to climb these trees without using no hands," He said.

Naruto looked confused.

"How are we supposed to do that?" He asked.

"We use are Charka," Karen replied. Naruto looked at her.

"Oh right, Catra," Naruto said dumbly.

"Charka," Kakashi-sensei corrected him. "Go ahead, Sakura," He directed a hand at Sakura.

"All right, Naruto," Sakura started placing her hands on her hips."I'll explain it simply so you can understand it. Charka is the elemental life energy a ninja uses in justu. It's the source of all their power. Now, this energy has two forms physical energy, which exists in all the cells in the entire boy, all working together, and spiritual energy, the primal source of power, which is intensified through training and experience. As you see, these two types of chakra must be drawn out to perform justu. Notice the interplay between physical and spiritual power. That is the key. Finally, hand signs focus and unleash the chakra."

"Right on all points," Kakashi-sensei stated."Iruka-sensei really did have some excellent students."

"Whatever, anyone with a brain can explain that," Karen muttered, still in a bad mood about the incident with Sakura yesterday.

"What the big deal with these complicated explanations!" Naruto complained. "The whole point is to learn the justu!"

"Naruto, right for once, we already use chakra," Sasuke stated.

"No. You have not mastered this power. You've barely scratched the surface of it."

"What do you mean!"

"Calm down and listen. It's just like Sakura said. You have to draw on physical and spiritual energies and then combine them within yourself. But how to do that? Each justu requires different types of chakra in different proportions. You must select and combine them in precisely the right way. Up to now, you've just guessed at the proportions, hoping they'd come out right. Even if you produce a lot of charka, unless you can balance and control it, it isn't beneficial. The justu won't work at all, or it just is a joke. You waste so much energy that way. Then you're out of charka and can't fight at all. You are just a target." He explained, ignoring. Karen glared at Sakura.

"So, how do we change that then?" Naruto asked.

"Train so hard that controlling your charka becomes second nature. To achieve this goal, you must be ready to put your life on the line."

The four genin stared at Karen in silence for a couple of minutes.

"What do we have to do?" Sakura asked.

"Heh-heh-heh. Climb a tree."

"Climb a tree?" Naruto, Sauske, and Sakura said at the same time.

'Really, they can't wait for him to finish explaining since there is obviously more to what he is saying.' Karen thought, rolling her eyes behind her sunglasses.