Chapter 17: Zabuza's Return

The following day Karen and the rest of  Team Seven got ready to head to the bridge. Expect for Naruto, who wasn't going because he used up too much charka and needed to rest.

As they walked toward the bridge, Karen could sense that something wasn't right. She looked towards the forest.

"Karen, what are you looking at?" Sakura asked, noticing that Karen was looking in a different direction.

Everyone stopped and turned to look at Karen.

"Nothing, you bubblegum, loser, just felt like there was something off," Karen replied, rolling her eyes behind her sunglasses

"I'm not a loser!" Sakura snapped, punching Karen in the arm.

"We need to move. Whatever you sense is just from paranoia, and girly, no time to start fighting with your sister," Tazuna said.

Karen sighed and shook her head, not letting Sakura get to her as she walked toward the bridge with the others.

**

When they arrived at the bridge, they saw all the other workers knocked down on the ground.

"Hold on. What the heck is this?" Tazuna said, shocked at the scene in front of him.

The men n the ground then started groaning.

"What happened?" Tazuna questioned."Someone was here. Someone got to them," He said.

Karen narrowed her eyes as a thick fog started to form around them.

"Sakura, Sasuke, and Karen, get ready!" Kakashi, as everyone formed a circle around Tazuna to protect him. Karen held a kunai tightly in her hand with her guard up, knowing that the enemy was coming.

"I knew he was still alive. He just couldn't wait for round two," Kakashi stated, bringing two fingers up to his face.

"Kakashi-sensei, it's Zabuza, isn't it?" Sakura asked."This is his Hidden Mist, Justu."

"Duh idiot," Karen muttered.

"Karen, don't go and start a fight now!" Kakashi commanded.

"My bad," Karen apologized.

"Sorry I kept you waiting, Kakashi. I see you still got those brats with you. That one is still trembling," Zabuza said.

Karen looked over at Sasuke to see, in fact, he was shaking, but she could tell something was different from before as he smirked as Zabuza made a bunch of clones

"I'm shaking with excitement," Sasuke stated.

"Go on, Sasuke," Kakashi said, looking over at Sasuke.

Sauske rushed forward and took out all the water clones in one motion.

"Oh, so you could see they would water clone, huh? The brat is improving. It looks like you got a rival, Haku," Zabuza said as the masked boy from last time walked up next to him.

"Well, well, so I had it right. It was all an act," Kakashi said.

"An act?" Tazuna questioned.

"Huh?" Sakura said.

'She is such an idiot; no wonder Sasuke doesn't like her and probably only talks to me now and then because I'm smarter than her.' Karen thought.

"Big phony. Ha," Sasuke said with a fake laugh.

"So I guess all that about being a tracker ninja protecting his village was a bunch of lies," Tazuna said.

"They look pretty friendly to me. I say they've been pulling scams like this long," Kakashi stated.

"He got some nerve facing us again after pulling that trick," Sakura said.

"And hiding behind a mask. Who does he think he is fooling?" Kakashi stated.

"Ahem. Speak for yourself, Sensei," Sakura said.

"That's it. I'm taking him out. Who does he think he is fooling, hiding behind a mask-like some sort of clown?" Sauske sated.

"Sauske, you are so cool!" Sakura said, fangirling.

'Oh my goodness, all he did was copy Kakashi but with slightly different words.' Karen thought, looking at Sakura, annoyed.

Karen's eyes widened behind her glasses as she saw the masked boy spin towards Sasuke like a tornado.

'That boy is fast.' She thought as Sauske and the boy collided, Kunai and senbon needle against each other.

"Hm," Kakashi hummed. "Both of you cover Tazuna and stay close to me. Let Sasuke handle this."

Karen nodded and moved closer to Tazuna as Sauske continued to fight the masked boy. She then noticed that the boy was making hand signs.

'Hand signs with a single hand? I didn't know anyone could do that.' She thought, looking at the boy making hand signs.

Suddenly, water started to form in the air as it turned into ice needles, ready to hit Sauske, but he quickly moved out of the way and began attacking the boy again.

"Thought you were quickly and what else we're you wrong about," Sasuke stated, knocking down his opponent.

"You made a big mistake insulting these ninja, and calling them, brats," Kakashi started. "That just guaranteed to bring out Sasuke's attitude. He is the best young fighter in the Hidden Leaf Village, and Sakura here is one of our sharpest mind. Karen is the most intelligent and strongest female ninja to come from the Hidden Lead Village, and finally, Naruto Uzumaki is the number one hyperactive ninja," He stated.

Zabuza then started laughing. The masked boy then started releasing his chakra as he formed a circle of ice mirrors around Sasuke and went inside of it. Kakashi ran forward but was stopped by Zabuza.

"I'm sorry I stayed with you," Sakura suddenly said, getting ready to run off with a kunai until Karen grabbed her shirt and pulled her back.

"You just get killed, idiot. Leave this to me since I can actually fight," Karen muttered and rushed past Kakashi and Zabuza.

"Karen!" Kakashi called out.

"Huh?" Zabuza said.

"Down!" Karen said, pushing Sasuke down on the ground and barely avoiding the incoming needles.

"Hm?" The boy hummed, seeing Karen's appearance, not noticing something flying toward him and knocking him out of the mirror.

A giant smoke cloud appeared, and a bunch of noise was heard.

"Really," Karen muttered.

"Nimber, one hyperactive knucklehead ninja," The masked boy said, getting back up.

"Naruto Uzumaki is here. Yeah, Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed, making his appearance known.

💝💝 💝

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite anime?

Q: What do you think of the fight so far?

Thanks for reading!