Chapter 10 : Mission to the Land of waves

Today team 7 was in the middle of completing a simple D-rank mission. It was to find a lost cat named Tora.

"Sasuke, Point A."

"Sakura, Point B."

"Karen, Point C."

"...."

"Naruto, Point D believe it!

"Your late Naruto," Kakashi said. They were all in position waiting for the signal.

"The target has moved. Okay Now!" Kakashi said through the earpiece. All of team seven ran after the cat. Naruto was the one who caught her.

"Identify the target," Kakashi said. Sasuke looked at the cat who was scratching Naruto's face.

"Bow on the right ear. It's Tora," Sasuke confirmed.

"Why can't we have a real mission! I hate cats!" Naruto yelled, making everyone hold their ear. Sakura hit Naruto on the head.

"Don't yell into the mic, you idiot!" She yelled. Karen rolled eyes at Sakura and Naruto's behavior.

'Why did I have to get put on a team with these guys. I admit I used to be friends with Naruto, by the changed after I got kicked out. I became cold and shut people out. ' Karen thought as the team headed back to the Hokage office.

***

They walked into the Hokage's office holding the cat. The lady who hired them snatched the cat and basically squeezed it to death.

"Thank you for finding my cat!" Karen stared at the cat as it tries to break free from the woman.

"Now, the next mission for team seven will be to babysit for the Council Elders, to run errands to the neighboring village, to help dig sweet potatoes-"

"No way!! I don't what any more boring baby missions! I want a real ninja mission!" Naruto interpreted the Hokage making an x with his arms.

'I have to agree with Naruto this once these missions lately have been very boring.' Karen thought cleaning the lens of her favorite sunglasses out of boredom.

"Don't be a fool!!  You have only just became a genin.  Everyone starts out doing grunt work. It's how you gain experience, so you can work your way up to the bigger missions," Iruka explained raising his voice at Naruto for interrupting the Hokage.

"We've done a ton of small missions, can't we get some action?!" Naruto asked until he was hit in the hand by Kakashi making him sit on the floor.

"Naruto, that's enough, knock it off!" Kakashi said.

"Apparently Naruto needs an explanation of just what these are...you see, every day, our village receives, from babysitting to assassinations. We take them and rank them into categories from A to D based on the amount of skill they required. We also rank shinobi into classes based on their level of skill. We at the highest level select the missions and assign them to the ninja who have the appropriate skill and experience. And if the mission is successful, we receive a fee that supports our village and our work. Since you're new untried Genin just starting down the Shinobi path, we have you attended to the lowest rank missions. D-rank is the best you could handle, The hokage explained.

" Hmm... I had pork ramen for lunch yesterday, so I think I'll have Miso ramen," Naruto said as Kakashi and most of Team seven paid attention to him.

'It sad how my teammates aren't paying attention to the hokage. ' Karen thought staring at her teammates with a blank expression on her face.

"Are you even listening to me!" The Hokage yelled.

"I don't want to hear it! All you ever do old man is lecture me, but it's not fair, there more to me than just a troublemaker!" Naruto said.

"Very well," The Hokage said as that got the attention of Team seven. "Naruto wants a ninja mission to prove himself. Then I give you a ninja mission. It's a C-rank and you will be escorting someone.

"Who will we be escorting? A Lord? A princess?" Naruto said excitedly about the mission.

"Don't be so impatient. I will bring him in now. Send in our visitor," Lord Hokage said.

The door opened and a drunk-looking man in holding a bottle of sake."What the--? A bunch of little snot-nosed kids?" He asked taking a drink of his sake.

'He didn't just call me a snot nose kid.' Karen thought annoyed but didn't let it show on her face keeping her cool since this guy was the client.

"And you the little one with the idiotic look on your face. You really expect me to believe you're a ninja?"

Naruto laughed. "Who the little one with the idiotic look on his--?" Naruto stopped talking after realizing it, Sasuke was the tallest, Karen the second tallest, Sakura the third tallest, and then Naruto.

"I'll kill him!" Naruto yelled about to attack the man, but Kakashi held him back.

"Naruto you can't kill the client," Kakashi reminded him.

"My name is Tazuna a master bridge builder, and I must return to my country. I'm building a bridge there that will change our world. I expect you to protect me with your life," The man known as Tazuna said.

The Hokage gave them time to meet at the gates, which was in an hour. Team seven left the building while Tazuna went to his hotel.

"You know, that's weird. It's just a C-rank and he wants us to protect him with our lives?" Sakura asked.

"Just because it's a C-rank doesn't mean we can lower our guard. Sometimes thing happens a real shinobi would know that" Karen stated as she walked off towards her apartment feeling Sakura glaring at her.

'Who does she think she is acting like a know it all.' Sakura thought glaring at Karen's back.

***

Karen walked into her apartment and started packing her bag and ninja pouch.

She looked up from her bag and noticed the scroll that had information on it.

'I sometimes wish my real parents were here. Then at least I have someone who cares about me.' Karen thought.

She then checked her bag and pouches to make sure she had everything.

Once she was sure she had everything.

She headed downstairs and put on her ninja shoes and sunglasses and headed outside to meet up with her team at the gate.

  💝💝💝

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What are you hoping to see happen throughout the Land of waves arc?

Thanks for reading!