16. The Mahal

Author's pov

Nishant was asking about the reason of her being late which Kavya wasn't willing to tell, she wanted to avoid unnecessary ruckus but he was not ready to listen when a knock on the door disturbed them.

"Come in" nishant said after maintain a little distance from kavya.

"Shweta mam has sent snacks sir"

"Keep it on the table and leave"

"Go and have that kavya and don't assume that I won't know anything if you will not tell me" he said with a smirk, kavya didn't said anything and went from there silently.

*****

It was the dinner time, everyone was present at the dining table.

"Rishabh called today, he requested to take samaira with us because he won't be able to make it due to some emergency" anirudh said.

"Is everything alright? What's the emergency?" Dadu asked.

"Oh he said it is nothing serious"

"But papa isn't it our family trip, she is a guest na so why to involve her in our family, we can arrange everything for her separately" Nisith asked.

"Rishabh is my very good friend nisith, it won't be appropriate to treat his daughter as a guest and what is the problem she is a nice girl" anirudh explained.

"Yeah very nice girl" nisith spoke slowly as he was sitting between kavya and anya, they giggled lightly earning a glare from nishant who was sitting beside kavya.

*****

The days were passing away in a jiffy as the preparations begin, all the shopping and arrangements were taken care of by different members of the family who were assigned for management of different stuff and soon the day of the departure came.

"Maa I have told you guys alot of times and I'm informing again, the cars should leave the mansion before 3 in the afternoon or we won't be able to make it before 10, please recheck all the stuff everyone so we don't have to rush while leaving." Nishant spoke at the breakfast table.

"Yeah nishu don't worry, we have taken care of everything, just have to check the main pooja stuff once again" shweta said.

"Badi maa how can you forget such an important thing, the designer yet haven't delivered mine and bhabhi's dresses for the party!" Anya told.

"Yeah I remember that, I'll call him once again it will reach by lunch don't worry just make sure of the pooja stuff for now, everything else will be taken care of" shweta assured.

"Kavya come to the room after finishing your breakfast, we have to recheck the list, excuse me" nishant told kavya and went to his room.

Everyone was done with breakfast and went to recheck on the stuff they were assinged for, kavya too went to her room as nishant asked her to.

"Yes Nishant ji what is it?" She asked while entering the room where nishant was busy checking up on his stuff.

"Just recheck these stuff, I have to call arjun and ask about the time they will reach here" he said bending a little to look at her.

"That's not needed, they will reach by lunch time, mom called him already"

"Looks like maa is all set with everything" he spoke amused.

"Yeah most of them" kavya smiled.

"Ok well I'll call samaira then" Kavya's smile faded away after hearing the name from nishant which didn't go unnoticed by him.