chapter eight - we stan snake

Beginne am Anfang

"hmm. how about Loki?" I ask

"why Loki?" Mabel said. "why not snake-bot 2000?"

"well, firstly, snake-bot sounds weird, its alive not artificial. secondly, Loki is the god of mischief and is often thought of like a snake, so I thought it fit the little fella."

"one last thing, you are aware that snakes lack-" dipper started, to be interrupted by me.

"-the part of the brain that gives the ability to feel love? yeah I know, but this is gravity falls." I finished

"oh. okay?" clearly shocked that I knew that, come on, everybody knows that snakes cant feel love.

"onwards!" I said pointing my finger in the direction of the mystery shack, and walking towards it.

"so recap, we didn't find a single monster but we found a snake so therefore that's okay?" dipper asked.

"yep!" Mabel said skipping from behind to beside me.

when we got to the mystery shack I went into my room/parlor and put my arm on the carpet to let Loki crawl on the floor as I opened the window for him to be able to crawl in and out of my room to outside. I was just about to go into the kitchen to grab something to eat when the world went greyscale.

hoooh boy

"I like what you did with the place kiddo." bill said from behind me, admiring Loki as he was frozen on the floor mid-crawl.

"well it was much better then a bunch of creepy old wax statues." I said picking up Loki noticing it was like he became a statue. "so I fell asleep while going to get food? how does that even work?" bill shrugged, then tried multiple times to take the snake from my hands, but I pulled away each time.

we played this game of 'who gets the snake' for a while (as time wasn't a thing in the mindscape and it would be difficult to figure out how long I was asleep) but then Bill asked me a question seemingly out of the blue. (maybe out of the yellow? noting he is a flying yellow triangle? meh.)

"so" he said finally getting the snake out of my hands and stroking it. "your from another world?"

"yep." I said popping the 'p'.

"what's it like?" bill said not looking up from the snake.

"like this world except everybody could surpass the intelligence of everybody here. except maybe ford, noting he got a PhD in like what, three years?" I paused thinking. "also gravity falls doesn't exist in the first place."

"oh really?" bill said in a manner to ask me to continue while floating up to me to plop the snake back into my hands.

"yep" I said, popping the 'p' once more.

"is that really it?" he asked.

"yeah, disappointingly so, not a lot of new things for me to explore here other than the supernatural." I half-truthed, thinking of a new topic starter. "also why the FUCK did you not only write on me, but give me a fucking tattoo!?" I asked

"I wrote on you so you would remember to look at your shoulder, also I didn't put the tattoo there, I was trying to point it out cause clearly you didn't notice it." I blame my laptop, it clearly somehow gave me a tattoo.

"oh." I paused "and I've been meaning to ask you, what's our status? like allies, friends, neutral, etc."

"why do you ask?" he said 

"well, firstly you seemed to have gained a interest in me over the last few days, and secondly you don't call me any of your weird nicknames. don't get me wrong, some of them are pretty good, just when you use them its often in the context of 'dude get out of my way and let me do my evil plan'"

"I like to think we are somewhere between neutral and friend, I mean your at least not as boring as the other meat sacks." he paused, clearly realizing I said something that wasn't normal. "how do you know about ford?" he said floating closer to my face.

"I just do." I winked as he grumbled in frustration. "welp, can you wake me up or something? frankly I just want to eat food."

he nodded and (surprisingly didn't make a comment about how weak the human body is, guess those head cannons where wrong.) snapped his fingers as I jolted awake (banging my head on the door), still standing at the doorknob, but this time with Loki crawling all over my head-neck area. I twisted open the doorknob and walked into the kitchen, grabbed a snack, and sat on my bed staring at the ceiling. (sometimes reading a book only to be disrupted by Loki crawling over the pages I was reading) reminds me of a cat)

tomorrow would be a big day. well, actually the entire week, but you get the point.