Chapter 1

PETE'S POV

Tossing and turning on my bed, remembering that day that I and Vegas almost killed each other. It's been a month since that day happened but that scenario is still stocked in my head.

Flashback

I heard a gunshot while running after Vegas.

Then I stopped on my track when I see Mr. Khan on the floor dead. He was shot in the head.

I turn my gaze to Vegas that is now kneeling in front of his father.

"PA" he shouted and crying in vain

"Now that my brother is gone, from now on, I will take care of you and Macau," Mr. Korn said

Vegas stand up supporting his left arm that I shot earlier. Then he runs outside without even saying anything.

I was standing still there confused about whether to follow him or not.

"Pete follow him" Mr. Korn ordered me

When I looked into his eyes, he is saying something like the opposite of what he just said earlier.

And I know what kind of look is he giving me right now, I've seen it many times.

"Yes Mr. Korn" I answered

When I looked at Porsche I saw him shaking his head and even Mr. Kinn.

I run quickly outside to follow Vegas and I didn't know that Porsche followed me.

He pushed me into the nearby wall.

"Don't do anything you will regret later Pete" he said angrily at me

"But Mr. Korn order me to do it" I pushed him back.

"Pete, listen to your heart for once" he shouted

"Porsche I'm loyal to the main family" I shouted back at him.

"Fuck that loyalty, go and kill Vegas if you can, let's see who's going to regret it later," he said seriously while glaring at me.

I run again and look for Vegas.

Then I finally saw him.

My heart stopped for a second when I noticed him pointing his gun at my chin.

My heart is beating faster, I shouldn't feel this way, but why did my heart feel so hurt seeing him like this?

"Stop Vegas, what are you doing" I shouted interrupting from him killing himself.

"Why not just kill me, Pete," he said crying still pointing at the gun in his chin.

I didn't know why I can't move to my spot at that time.

I heard him whimper again and then kneel on the floor.

I run to him and back hug him.

"Don't do this" I whispered to him.

"Give me a reason Pete, why I can't kill myself?" he asked again still crying.

I just hug him tightly because I don't know what to answer. Then he pushed me away.

Then he turned around to face me.

Then now he started laughing maniacally.

"How pathetic I am assuming that you are going to choose me. Looking at that pin on your right shoulder and wearing that fucking suit. You are still loyal to them." he said hurt.

I didn't say anything but my heart beating uncontrollably beating fast.

I hate seeing him like this, it's hurt me.

"How I wish that one day, someone will choose me too, but I think till my last breath, no one will do that for me. Everyone will leave me alone, even you Pete"

"Okey you stay here, I can do that for you" now I'm starting to have teary eyes.

My knees are trembling while trying to stand up.

I was trying to hold him again but he suddenly pointed his gun at me.

"No Pete, don't pity me. I hate being pitied. Just kill me now, I want you to do that, so I can pay for all the horrible things that I've done to you" he pleads uncontrollably crying

But before I could answer him, I heard 3 gunshots behind me.

I was terrified after seeing Vegas fall on the floor, lifeless.

My heart is swelling because of the pain inside me.

I turn around and killed the man who shot him. I don't care if he is from the main family.

I kneel in front of him not knowing what to do.

My tears keep falling nonstop. And my heart is torn apart.

"No no no Vegas please don't die," I said whimpering my holding his face.

Then he held my hand with a gun in it and pointed at his chest.

"Just do it, Pete," he said while coughing blood.

I pulled my hand far away from him, but he grabbed my hand tightly.

Then I heard two gunshots again, then after that, I lost consciousness.

End of Flashback

I heard some knocking on my door, but I didn't even budge to open it.

It's been three days since I got out of the hospital after staying there for a whole month and a half.

The knocking continued, and instead of getting up, I covered my ears with the pillow.

I know that is Mr. Takhun, he wants to disturb me again.

"PETE WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING?" an angry Mr. Kinn shouted after entering my room.

I quickly got up I forgot that I'm not wearing anything except boxer shorts.

Now I remember that Mr. Takhun is not here, because they took him to America for a while with Pol and Arm.

Mr. Kinn asked me to stay and to be his personal bodyguard after Porsche become the head of the minor's family.

It's been a month and a half since I don't have news from Vegas either.

I don't want to ask Mr. Kinn about him.

I'm still confused about my feelings toward him. Why do I pity him so much?

"Pete, are you listening?" Mr. Kinn interrupted me from zoning out.

"Sorry Mr. Kinn" then bow my head

"Get changed we are going somewhere" he command me

"Okie Sir," I said still standing there.

Why does he need to come over here himself if he can order someone to tell me I asked myself.

"And why not?" Mr. Kinn said raising his eyebrow.

Shit did I talk that loud again I said face palming

"I'm waiting at my office," Mr. Kinn said then left me.

I don't know why I am writing again but here I am dropping the first chapter....