so this is her son. eros.

rose quartz eyes rake over his figure brazenly and suddenly wonwoo is overwhelmed by irritation, aware that he's being underestimated before he's even had a chance to open his mouth.

the boy chuckles and wastes no time attacking; his sandal-clad feet have barely materialised before he lunges viciously at the mage. thanks to the extra distance wonwoo had put between them, he's able to teleport behind his attacker, striking him on the back of the neck to weaken him. wonwoo knows he's no physical match for this divine child, but the least he can manage is to subdue him until the others wake up and help. wherever they are, anyway.

worried that he had not put enough strength into the first and possibly only blow he'd be able to land during this fight, a small puddle of relief forms in wonwoo's heart when eros staggers and sluggishly looks around for the mage, taken by surprise at the attack from behind. for someone of godly being it takes a considerably long time for him to recover and wonwoo takes full advantage of this, allowing the small hubris of gaining the upper hand to fuel his next punch.

this strength is foreign to him as he teleports all over the space, landing hit after hit. he even laughs when the boy's shouts become desperate and pleas start to form on his rosy lips.

for a brief moment, wonwoo does wonder why he's beating his opponent so easily - the sane part of him is begging himself to stop but when his two minds are at war with each other, it only translates into more punches to the face and kicks to the ribs for aphrodite's son.

at this point, eros can barely make it three inches off of the floor and wonwoo can't recall ever being hit by him despite the fact that when he goes to touch his lip, his hand comes away covered in his own crimson blood. another strange phenomenon that he ignores for now.

when the boy is shaking and whimpering quietly, wonwoo throws caution to the wind and stalks over to him. his black combat boots kick up the dust and grind the gravel beneath them with every step and this foreign feeling of bloodlust overcomes the mage: before he can stop himself, he grabs eros by his hair, yanking him up so that his back is unnaturally arched and wonwoo can get a good look at the battered and bruised face of this so-called god before finishing him off for good.

the hand holding eros' hair starts to crawl towards his throat when all of a sudden, something happens that jolts wonwoo back into reality.

eros spits red blood. and wonwoo lets go of him with a cry.

wonwoo is no mythology geek but he's fought enough battles with gods by now to know that divine deities do not share the same blood that mortal humans do - they have ichor. the real colour of ichor is incomprehensible to the mortal mind and so it translates it more simply into the purest gold, flowing like lava from the open wound of the god.

this tiny detail leaves wonwoo stunned and therefore vulnerable, unable to do anything but put his hands in front of his face when a nearby pipe shoots into eros' hand, who scrambles for wonwoo once more, pressing the rusted pipe into his throat with the putrid intention of murder.

but wonwoo is no longer under her spell and holds back the urge to vomit when the mirage of eros crumbles leaving behind an uncharacteristically angry joshua hong who's still trying to kill him, his hands shaking with the effort of how hard he's forcing the metal against his jugular.

joshua looks badly beaten up, covered in splotches of angry red and violet, and wonwoo fares that he probably doesn't look much better himself. his eyes, normally a comforting sable brown, are as pink as the fog surrounding them and wonwoo knows that joshua is still under aphrodite's spell, probably thinking he's strangling eros too.