epilogue| with hugs and kisses

MAYA'S POV:

Both of my friends are idiots. That didn't mean I'm not but they both are bigger idiots than me. Kevin Wilder and Blakely Rosenheim are certified idiots though it's a certificate given by me but I can assure it!

Blake's call two days before at night time was not a conversation but a lot of screams, happy screams actually. She wouldn't stop telling me about Kevin but he seemed like a totally different person.

The Kevin I knew was not the Kevin she was telling me about. Well, the Kevin I knew was the friend and the Kevin she told me about was the lover and I never knew that boys could be so soft in love... Boys that are named Daris and Kevin.

I have always been scared to fall in love because of hearing the stories of my aunts and cousins and various people who had been in a toxic relationship. Giving chance to Daris was a risk I took and I, now, liked that risk.

Daris was a sweetheart. He actually was. And it wasn't because he was trying to charm me. It was because his personality was like this. He was shy but he was adorable.

The qualities were endless. Handsome, borderline humorous, cute, wonderful personality, adorable, soft and bonus point: he had dimples.

Dimples weren't my weakness but his dimples have become one. His smile made me smile but his dimples only made me smile harder!

My phone rang alerting me of a message and I checked it. It was from Daris. A picture with Milo. Milo was the stray kitten we adopted.

We are gonna win this!

Did I mention it was the morning of the final basketball match between our school and Oak Hills Academy? We were going to win this game. As Blake always said our team had worked hard and hard work pays off, I was sure that the trophy was ours.

That didn't mean that I wasn't nervous. I was nervous as hell. I sometimes envied Blake. She didn't understand the game and she always kept calm. I wanted to be calm like hers but I was not. I'd be glad if I could keep my intelligence and understanding of the game with Blake's nerves.

Blake offered to pick me up since both Daris and Kevin had already left. Blake's dad was attending and Kev's parents. Daris had also mentioned his nonna(grandmother) would be there. I also convinced my grandmother to go with me though she insisted she didn't understand basketball at all. I told her she could befriend Daris's nonna and she agreed.

We both were ready and waiting for Blake when my phone rang and we exited my home. Blake was driving her dad's car while he sat beside her. Behind her was Kevin's parents' car. I sat down with my grandmother at the back and we drove off.

♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷

Blake was a smooth driver and that was not me complimenting her but my grandmother. She already had a liking for Blake but now seeing her drive she wouldn't stop praising her. I laughed seeing how my grandmother pinched her cheeks.

We all were finding a place to sit when Blake told me that the boys needed to see us for good luck reasons. I walked with her near their lockers and before I could process it I was engulfed in a big hug.

"This is how you take goodluck?" I was chuckling while patting Daris back. He leaned back but didn't let me go. There was a grin over his face that only grew bigger deeping his dimples.

"Hugging good luck is what we do," He responded, his fingers tucking my hairs behind my ear. I had realised this was a habit of his whenever he held me close. He would bring it forward and then tuck back again.

"Don't be nervous, okay? My sixth sense says you guys will win. My sixth sense is mostly right,"

Daris dropped a quick kiss over my cheek making my eyes go wide while I was sure my ears turned red. Before they only turned red whenever I tried to lie but now they had an altogether different reason.

I glanced at Blake just for a moment and I saw her blushing while hiding her smile behind her hand. She never blushed around Kev but now she was hiding in his shoulder with shyness.

Who would have ever thought both of us would get boys in our senior year?

♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷♡̷̷̷

We won! Our school won the final and the best part was that Daris had hit the winning shot. All other players hugged him together, ruffled his hairs and even hoisted him in the air. Daris was sweating but I paid it no heed when I jumped down the bleachers and ran down the court.

He caught me in his arms and swirled. The sudden hoots had me both laughing and shying away.

"I love you," I heard him whisper in my ear.

"I love you," I repeated, telling him the same.

I never thought there would be a boy who would be secretly crushing over me. I never thought someone would confess to me. I never thought someone would love me and care about me the way Daris does.

We all have our insecurities and doubts but if a boy with a personality like Daris knocks on the door of your heart, try to give him a chance!