08| a love sticky note

BLAKELY:

I was thankful about a lot of things in my life but if someone asked me what  I was thankful about now I would say it was Kev. I was thankful that he was in my life. He wasn't there from the very start of my life but he was there from the point where I had re-lived my life. I had once thought that Kev was so nice to me because he pitied me but afterwards I realized that any person who pitied the other leave them at one point of their life.

Finally, I had understood the organic equations after three tries. I was proud of myself that I was the third level genius. Peeking at Kev's notebook I saw almost all of the questions done and I couldn't help but felt proud.

“Kev you seriously know your chemistry,” I tried to tease him with the double meaning statement but he stared at me and rolled his eyes.

“And you don't, so focus,” I groaned. That guy could go around throwing lines on me but if I do one all I get in reaction was an eye roll. It's fair though. I don't react to his cheesy lines as well.

“Hey basketball prodigy, when's the match starting?” I scribbled the next questions in my copy trying to multitask. Unfortunately, I was bad at it.

“Next week,” I thought about it and it was earlier than I thought. Not that we had much time on our hands till our finals. It was the last two months in highschool.

“I assume that scouts will come in the matches again, right?” Its a given. Every year in the matches scouts from different colleges would come to watch the match and every scout tried to take the best player on the field.

Kev only hummed, “So you have made your mind on it, I hope.”

“Still need a couple of days,” He replied with a low sigh. I don't why know he was confused about this. He might not have born to play basketball but after all these years of practices he was at the position to play it further.

“You know I'll always help you so if you need any help...”

“You know that I don't have anyone else to bug at midnight though you have like .2% information about basketball,” There was sarcasm and compliment for me in the same statement. I settled on hitting him on his arm. “Stop hurting my precious muscles,”

That only earned him a couple of smacks more. He fake screamed. Like my smacks would do any damage on those monstrous biceps. Well, not monstrous. I am exaggerating but if heard that exaggeration he would be proud.

“Hey, what do you think about my drawing skills?” I suddenly asked him remembering how Owen praised my drawing skills. Maybe I'll be able to reach some destination with it.

“Your drawing skills?” He paused to think and I saw a slight smirk on his lips. I see something coming. “They are as pretty as you are,”

There it was. The flirtatious Kev I knew. But even if I tell him thousand times which I think I had that these stupid lines won't work on me, he wouldn't stop trying them out on me.

“I am serious,”

“You'd think I would joke about something like this? I am hurt,” Kev was dramatic than any person I would ever know. He was on the next level with his dramatic antics. “I can never joke about your beauty,”

I raised my eyebrow at him. He gave me the most innocent expressions. “-of art”

I ignored him. This is how it went between us. “Do you think I should go for architecture?”

I have been thinking about it seriously even before talking to Owen. I realized that I was better at it than I thought. My father also had once said to me that my drawing was appealing so maybe I could design homes and buildings.