As always, the one trick pony's here, so quit your sulking

A/N; As promised, part two! Starting with Jakes POV. I hope it reads like him, in my head he's very internal and feels a lot, he just struggles with vocalising it to everyone else. The song for this chapter is CLOUDS by NF, lyrics I have in my mind for Jake are below!

 The song for this chapter is CLOUDS by NF, lyrics I have in my mind for Jake are below!

"Who are you kidding?
How could you doubt me?
I've always delivered

Ripping the teeth out of the back of my mouth's
The closest you'll get to my wisdom

See my initial thought was to wait
But what can I say?
I had to come visit

Deer in the headlights looks every time
I step my foot on the ground
I get mistook for a lame
With no weight to his name
Ground just shook
Let's not beat around the bush"

CLOUDS - NF
*******

Jake

Jake glared at the screen when it refused to do what he wanted again, his mind a reel of code he couldn't fix and he'd been trying for hours. He wanted to turn Nymos into something bigger, something that would protect Manon and give it a bigger role, if the worst happened he had to know she'd be safe. His attempts weren't working, he typed in line after line and watched as it failed, cursing when it kept doing it. He wanted it to be able to listen in and let her communicate with him when she visited that fucking prison, he knew he couldn't talk her out of it and she would rather risk herself than anyone else. It was enough she was taking Lilly.

Gods, that had been a clusterfuck of awkwardness. The knowledge her father had hid him from them all ate him up inside, keeping him from being able to relax around her, he'd met his father only once when was very young. A fuzzy memory of an arrogant, good looking guy that treated his mother like spare parts all he had of him. After that he never saw him again. He didn't want to know anything about him, he'd done absolutely nothing to help his mother and they'd managed without him. He could keep doing that now. He did want to know his sisters though, when they found Hannah it would be incredibly weird to go through this again. At least he knew her somewhat even if it had been strange at the end.

He shook his head, shoving the thoughts away and tried to focus on the screen currently mocking him, it was impossible. He gave a long suffering sigh and closed his tired eyes, his stomach grumbling. He hadn't eaten since breakfast and Manon was helping Cleo make dinner, she'd told him in a message earlier with a dozen emoji innuendoes. Manon. Her smiling face flashed across his minds eye and he felt his own mouth tilt up in answer, he hadn't seen her coming. Didn't think he'd have done anything differently if he had.