No one likes a mad woman

A/N: There are many Duskwood romances, this is mine. I wanted to write something very romance focused while still having a plot to follow and use all the theories I've spent the past year dreaming up. It is a filthy smutty romance with a side of plot. I wanted to flesh out the town and let the Mc have an active role. This is an introduction into the mind of Manon Corvin, not a full chapter.

There will be lots of internal musings and dirty thoughts, attempts at humour and in later chapters, there will be smut and violence. All future sex scenes will be very much wanted by both and there is no doubt about that. It's not a slow burn. They're adults. They've been falling for each for a while before they meet. And I'm not going to slow them down.

Manon is pronounced MUH-NON.

Smut begins in chapter five. There is a steamy kiss in chapter four! From there it's pretty full on.

"What did you think I'd say to that?Does a scorpion sting when fighting back?They strike to kill and you know I willWhat do you sing on your drive home?Do you see my face on the neighbours lawn?Does she smile?Or does she mouth, "fuck you forever"

Does a scorpion sting when fighting back?
They strike to kill and you know I will
What do you sing on your drive home?
Do you see my face on the neighbours lawn?
Does she smile?
Or does she mouth,
"fuck you forever"

Every time you call me crazy
I get more crazy
What about that?
And when you say I seem angry
I get more angry

And there's nothing like a mad woman
What a shame she went mad
No one likes a mad woman
You made her like that
And you'll poke that bear
'Til her claws come out
And you find something
To wrap your noose around

And there's nothing like a mad woman"

Mad Woman - Taylor Swift

******

It had been a wet, listless day in Duskwood, the cool hands of spring not quite loosening their grip as summer tried to make its debut. Creeping mists settled over the forest like a blanket, shielding it from her suspicious eyes and making the town feel cut off from the rest of the world. The sky was a livid bruise over head, shades of black and purple, veins of red and pink making it all the more dramatic.

Manon Corvin stood on the outskirts, staring into the tangle of tree limbs, stupidly expecting the one she hunted to appear before her but she was completely alone. Still, she watched and waited. It was as if she were at the site of an accident, knowing she shouldn't, but unable to look away and offer dignity in that moment. The scent of the forest was intense here, rich earth, pine needles and decaying foliage creating a heavy perfume that made her nose twitch. She sighed deeply, her breath clouding in the cold evening air as she turned her back on the menacing sight and faced the town proper.