Chapter 20:: Run away

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, now am I going tomorrow?"
"Yeah, alright! But no breaking of rules."
"Of course not, promised!" 

You immediately got in your bedroom as soon as the deal with Jo was sealed. He was such a dumbhead.
"Finally free air... gosh, I can't believe I fooled someone." You giggled and sat on the bed, excited about the next day. 

—Next day

You sneaked out with Jo's permission as he removed the guards from the gate and soon, you were in the car trunk, waiting for an adventure. Jo, on the other hand, very carefully got Mr Kim in the car making sure he doesn't suspect a thing. 

Soon, the car started and you could hear their voices. They were low but audible enough for you. 
"What was that woman doing?" Taehyung asked as Jo replied, "Oh... Miss Y/N? She is probably sleeping." 
"Right now?"
He asked, a little suspiciously as you gulped. 
'Why is he suspicious? He doesn't know about my sleeping pattern!' 

"I do not remember her sleeping at this time. She usually stays around the library blabbering nonsense to herself."
"Oh... you surely notice a lot. But I saw her sleeping, maybe she was tired."
Jo awkwardly chuckled as Taehyung nodded. You frowned a little but sighed as quietly as you could. The trunk was so hot, gosh. You were suffocating. This was a bad plan, a very bad plan. 

"She's so stubborn. Makes me speechless." Taehyung said, scrolling his phone. Jo chuckled, nodding. He raised a brow before saying, "Lee Taereul seems to be in a nice mood. He's posting pictures of his daughters. One of them is literally kidnapped. He's surely convincing the world that everything's fine."
"Didn't they file a police complaint?"
Jo asked. 
"He took care of it without letting anyone else know. Do you think he'd ever let the police get involved in this? He's a prime criminal, of course." 

Jo gulped and said, "Well... the day's nice!" 
He tried to change the topic knowing well you were hearing which you were, indeed. Taehyung looked at him with a slight frown and said, "It might rain." 
"Yeah but.. a perfect time to spy on Joel. He's out there on this vacation and we'll spy on him. We could've sent men too, sir." 
"We aren't just spying. We're attacking him."
Taehyung's remark made Jo gasp as he stopped the car abruptly. 

You bumped your head on the door and held your mouth trying not to make any noise. Gosh, it hurt. 
"Screw that bald head." You whispered, rubbing your forehead. 

"Sir, you said we were spyin-" 
"Well, we are. But he's about to enter the forest after this if I know right. He'll be attacked there. In the forest near the amusement park."
"But sir-"
"There are men in the park already. They're following him and updating me. So, don't worry. The last time in New York, Joel threatened me that his arrival in Seoul was a threat to me. Our enmity doesn't end with a short fight. I'll make sure he's dead." 
"In public?"
"This is the only chance to kidnap him. After that, he and his men are dead."

Jo continued driving as you were listening to them. Joel? As in that creepy guy you saw in that lounge? What was he doing in Seoul now? 

"Is he related to my kidnapping too?" You asked, frowning.
"But Tom said they were enemies... maybe it's some other mafia matter."

—Time skip 

"Do not get out. Even if you see anyone dying, do not get out." Jo mouthed from near and closed the door of the trunk which he barely opened anyway. Soon, he ran towards Taehyung who was standing there, talking to his men. 
"What's this now? I did not come here to die in this trunk." You groaned and hit the door lightly. You peeked outside to see Taehyung and Jo walking inside the crowd. Looking pretty normal. Who would've said they were on a mission? 

And you were there too, without anyone but Jo's knowledge. 

A little realization in you warned you that if Taehyung got to know about this, he'd be really angry. He'd flip you off the table but okay, you were already here, what could you do?

You peeked outside again as the smell of freshly cooked pies hit your nostrils. You were hungry now. It was 2 pm right now. You were hungry, so hungry. 
"Should I get only one of those...?" You asked yourself, rethinking. 
"But I don't have money." You looked at the food again and wondered, "Maybe I can make Jo pay them later. He's got money. I don't wanna die." 

You nodded to yourself before groaning as you pushed the trunk upwards, getting out of there. You sighed in relief before walking towards the man selling pies. 

You got 3 of them and ate them in less than 5 minutes. 
"Listen. I'm there, in the car, okay? I won't run away. A man with a bald head will come and then he will pay." You said. The man frowned and asked, "You need to pay right now, ma'am."
"I can't... I don't have any money."
"What?"
He seemed irritated.
"Patience is the key to heaven." You said. He was walking towards you as you said, "Umm... am I about to get caught for eating free pies? The money is coming... umm, okay bye!" 

You ran away as fast as you could as the man was chasing you but he stopped in a while. And at that time, you were quite far away from the parked car. You were inside the park. A gasp escaped your lips as you saw the huge rides. You loved amusement parks. 

"So pretty." You spoke, a soft smile spreading across your lips. Beautiful memories from the past rushed into your mind. Especially the ones with your parents. Those were the best. 
You smiled and walked in unconsciously, looking around. But soon, you stopped realizing you weren't supposed to be here. A gush of sadness arose in you. 

You could run away right now. If you run from here, no one would ever know. 
"Should I?" You asked yourself, looking around. You didn't quite recognize the place but if you wanted, you could. Your eyes landed on a telephone booth nearby as you gulped, walking there. 
Just one call. If you made that call, you could run away from all of this. To your home.