29| on the way to your heart

Start from the beginning

This time though, I was glad that I didn’t meet the cold hard ground but my face did slam into Kevin’s chest as he wrapped his hand around my waist. It would have been a cute moment with him holding me and catching me before I fell but it was me. I had thrown all of my weight over him and he lost his footing so we both ended up falling to the ground. Actually, it was him falling on the ground as he had cushioned my fall.  I heard a slight groan slip past his lips both from the fall and my head butt but other than that I assume he was fine.

“I told you that you will fall superhard,” He said, pushing himself up into a sitting position as I detached myself from him. We were now sitting in front of each other. He was normal but I was still breathing heavily. 

“I already did,” The words came out as a breathless pant but I was glad that he understood. His eyes widened in concern and I felt that his words came out at a hurried pace.

“Where?” He was about to search my hands for injuries when I spoke up. Yeah, I’m going to worry Kev about them later.

On the way to your heart,” His eyes rounded in confusion before a bubble of laughter left his mouth and I felt a shock of current passing through me. It was weird how his laugh was causing such reactions after I came to terms that I liked him. I would be lying if I didn't say that I didn't find his laugh beautiful before as well but it's still weird. Whenever you start loving someone you start to see them in a different light.

“Is this what it feels like to hear such things from me,” I snapped out of my daze. Kev had fallen on the ground somewhere in between my deep thinking. There was a smile gracing his lips and did I see him wipe a tear from the corner of his eye? Am I seriously this funny?

“Kev, I really did fall for you. I was confused between you and Owen but-” I started to explain it to him. It was only fair that he knew everything. I didn't say I love you, just because. There was a reason. No, There were uncountable reasons.

“How me?” He interrupted me. The smile from before was still there but it had lessened. People shock the other with their confession while here was me who made the boy laugh then serious.

“-How you?” I repeated his words. How Kev?  “Because Kev you don't make my heart race” His smile grew again, his eyes crinkling. 

“You do the opposite. You make me feel calm. With you I and my heart are both at peace. Kevin Wilder, you are my home. When I looked back in my past, I found myself always returning to you and even when I think of the future I see myself doing the same,”

You might be the first one to confess but I was the first one to fall for you,” 

I tried to read his face but for the first time in years of our friendship I didn't know what he was thinking. His expressions were soft yet serious. 

“Kev I have always loved you in ways that even I don't know. We both kept burying our feelings by the label of friendship. We called each other friends a lot of times that we forgot that friends could be lovers as well. You know there were times when I thought if I could only get someone like you for the rest of my life. And now I thought why was it someone like you but not you? Kev, I compared every single boy to you. Before I didn't know why I did that but now I have the answer to it,”

“I tried to see if there was another one like you but I forgot that there's always one of anyone. You asked me how it was you. Kev, you know me like the back of your palm, don't you? You have seen me through my worst, you have supported me. You tried to become my friend at that time. You loved me after seeing the most vulnerable me so how could I not love the one person who's always been with me... It's you who were there for me when I cried. You made me laugh. You annoyed me. I wanted to share all the good and bad news with you. Kevin, I had always admired you.”