Sent away to live with 3 Hot guys...and they have a Secret /39/

“Are you just going to sit there like that forever?” My father’s voice brought me back to reality, as I blinked a few times. I glanced up at him, and could see the worry in his eyes. “Honey you’ve been there all day. Please get up Gracie.”

I shook my head slowly. “Why? What’s the point? My life has no meaning dad, none at all.” I murmured softly, as I inhaled deeply.

He shuffled a bit, as he took a seat beside me. I was sitting outside on the front porch on his swing, and I’d been here all day. This is the 3rd day in a row. I don’t know why, but this spot seems to make the pain hurt a little less.

“Gracie, I know that your life looks a little bleak right now, but things will get better pumpkin. I promise. Look at me. When I lost your mother, I thought my whole world was over. Nothing seemed important anymore…besides you. And I know that you’re upset, and you want to give up, but you can’t.”

I exhaled. “Dad, this is completely different. You lost mom, I didn’t lose Logan. He’s still alive, out there somewhere. We are suppose to be together….and we’re not. Wes he took me away from him. They are my family too, and now I don’t have them.”

There was a short silence that formed between us. “Wes is only trying to protect you Gracie. He wants you to be happy.” He finally said. His words caught me off guard, and I stared at him puzzled.

What? He’s trying to protect me by taking me away from the man I love? The life that I so much enjoyed? How is that making me happy? I’m miserable dad, and it’s only been 4 days. 4 long, painful days. My life is so….nothing. I have nothing.”

“You have me sweetheart, and I know that’s not much of a consolation prize, but you will always have me. When I found you on my porch, I was happy. I missed you so much, and it’s great having my little girl back.”

I let out a dry laugh. “I’m not a little girl anymore dad. I had a life with them. Logan and I were meant to be together! I can’t forgive Wes for breaking us up, and it’s only a matter of time before Logan comes back to get me.”

“Well, I don’t know how I feel about all that. Because you’re my baby, and their life is dangerous. Wesley was only looking out for your safety, and for that I am grateful. I know this isn’t what you want, but I truly believe this is what is best.”

I glared at my father angrily. “Well lucky for me this is my life, and you can’t tell me who I can love, and what I can do.”

He sighed at this. “Gracie please do not take your anger out on me. I understand that you’re upset, but honey you need to embrace this change. It could be a good thing and….”

“It’s not!” I exclaimed, growing outraged. “How would you like it if someone told you to stay away from mom years ago? You wouldn’t listen. Why? Because you loved each other dad. So don’t tell me this is a good thing, because it’s not.”

There was a pause. “Well you have a point there, but we weren’t dealing with vampires then. This is something bigger. And I don’t want my daughter to get hurt.”

I narrowed my eyes. “You never even warned me, or gave me a heads up about what they were. And you sent me to go and live with them! So don’t sit there and say you didn’t want me to get hurt, or any of that bull. You knew what we were dealing with a while ago dad.”

That seemed to shut him up. An uncomfortable silence formed between us, and I felt like getting up and walking away. He didn’t understand, how could he?

What I don’t get is why Logan hasn’t come and got me yet. I need him right now, and he just….hasn’t come. I don’t know if Wes is keeping him from me or what, but I need him. I just hope that he’s coming back.