I made a quick trip to a nearby grocery store. I brought things I saw her snack on recently. I headed to Target, I brought a big comforter and matching pajamas that were on sale, probably because they were Christmas themed.

When I got back to the house, I set up the small decor. I laughed at my effort, I tried my hardest and the picnic looked like shit. I had this big ass backyard and the blanket ain't cover half.

I walked over to Lauryn's house, I saw her car in the driveway confirming she was at home. I wondered why she never used her garage.

She opened the door with her hair everywhere and in a grandma nightgown.

"Come over, please."

"I can't." She said with an apologetic face, her body rested against the wall.

"I'll see you in a minute." I demanded, she closed the door and I sat in one of her porch chairs. Minutes later she was dressed and her hair was in a neater ponytail. I grabbed her had in mine as we walked across the lawn.

"Hey Mr. Eric!" Lauryn yelled across the street to the old white man.

He tossed her a hearty wave, "Good Evening, Ms. Monet! Come visit your old man soon." A smile covered the pair's faces, "I'll be there soon, promise."

When we made it inside, I gave her the two piece pajama set I bought earlier.

She laughed out, "Cairo, what is thisss?"

I smiled, "Matching pajamas, see." I posed showing her the pajama pants.

"It's August, why is Santa on them?" She complained through a laugh. I eventually got her to change, but she did it right there in front of me. Seeing the yellow bra against her skin, made yellow my new favorite color. I didn't mind that she did that, It's not like there's something I haven't seen before.

"Okay, I'm dressed. What's next?"

"Outside there's a small picnic, I just wanted to say thank you for everything you've ever done for me and Karter. I wanted to do something more special for you, but I didn't want to be out in public right now. I just want to be surrounded by us." I admittedly spoke, hoping she understood.

"I understand, I saw a few of the comments on social media, they're so ruthless."

"Yeah, they say shit for a few likes without realizing the impact it causes. They follow them messy ass news accounts and half they shit be false and made up." We talked about that for a while longer before I made Lauryn show me her Instagram.

Scrolling through the hundreds of pictures locked up by her private account made me a thousand percent more aware of her natural beauty and stunning aura.

"Why you never send me these pictures?" I asked, as she sat eating the snacks.

Her face was laced with uncertainty, "I didn't know I had too.."

"Yeah." I looked through her small following which seemed to be only her family and friends. Through Lauryn's chaotic life, she always managed to spread a smile, and her pictures showed just that.

We sat outside joking and laughing around about everything.

"Dumbass." She laughed out, I was pleading my case to how orange juice was better than apple.

"For liking orange juice? Apple juice don't even taste like apples."

"It's better than that acidic ass juice you drink."

I could care less about our debate, I'm just entertained by her presence.

"Cairo, look it's starting to rain." I looked up, not missing the cloudy gray sky covered with clouds. I felt a small raindrop on my arm and seconds later there was plenty more.