16. idiot

idiot: (noun)
1. a stupid person.

I'm still out of breath by the time I do up my overalls

I'm still out of breath by the time I do up my overalls. I find Ash in the living room downing a bottle of water and then he cleans his hands with a wipe. Now that we've done that, the last thing I want to do is work. All I can think about is Ash's cock and that is dangerous for both of us.

How are we ever meant to get work done if we see each other at least three times a week?

Carol is going to know that we're slacking when we're missing an hour or so here and there, guess that means we have to work harder to cover up our little secret.

The word secret has my throat clenching. It is our secret and I know that Ash wouldn't be going around showcasing what we've been doing. From the sounds of things he likes to be a private person considering his whole career is online, so I expect that he wants his personal life to be non-existent to social media.

And I'm all for that.

Ash leans against the wall and inspects me, those eyes which could cause a fire right now. My eyebrows twitch, confused as to what's running through his mind but he opens his mouth before I can ask.

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

His arms cross over his chest and his eyes are firm but inviting. My lips part, then I clear my throat, I have no idea what he's going to ask me. Sometimes I hate talking about myself.

But I push these thoughts to the back of my mind and eventually nod.

Ash tilts his head slowly. "Are you out yet?"

I almost shake my head but I stop myself, my eyes take one look down to the broken floor boards. Exhaling a slow and quiet sigh. "I don't know what I am," I admit, feeling heat rise to my neck.

"That's okay." Ash's voice is honest and I can feel it inside my heart.

"But honestly," I raise a hand to rub the back of my neck, hating the direction of this conversation. But the only person who I could really talk to about this is Ash, none of my friends or my family know. "No, I'm not."

Ash purses his lips and nods, acknowledging what I've said. "People at home wouldn't understand?" His tone isn't necessarily probing but more curious.

His words make me scoff and then I realise that it's rude and I shake my head. "More like you can't be a boxer and like to get fucked by... guys." I grunt and lean against the now polished table.

"Says who?"

"Says everybody."

Ash blinks at the loudness of my voice and pushes off the wall, taking two steps towards me. I wish I didn't find him as attractive as I do because anything he does, has my heart thumping like a pensioner on a rollercoaster. It's unfair and I will not survive the end of this probation.