Chapter 15

"How are you doing, Sonic." Tails said and smirked, looking at the weak azure hedgehog as he was in his curled position. Sonic stayed quiet and still, trying to make Tails think he was asleep but it didn't work. "Wake up, I know you're faking." Tails said taking out a small remote. Sonic didn't reply but he got up and stood there, his weak emotionless face seen through the bars. 

"Soon enough you won't feel pain, so enjoy the last moments you have." Tails said and smirked, pressing a button on the remote, shocking the weak hedgehog as he curled up in pain. "S-shadow... Where a-are y-you..." Sonic mumbled as he coughed before passing out. 

A few hours later, crashing noises could be heard in the other room. Things launch in front of Sonic's cage. "Where is he!" The ebony hedgehog shouted, holding up Tails with anger on his face. "H-he's in the other room, but he doesn't have time left, heh, you're too late!" Tails shouted as he started laughing before being thrown to the wall. Shadow dashed into the other room, his eyes widen at the sight of Sonic in a curled position. Shadow got the cage open and took Sonic in his arms. "Sonic, wake up!" Shadow shouted as he pinned his ears to his head. 

Shadow placed two fingers on Sonic's neck, but there was no pulse. Shadow place his ear near Sonic's chest, but there was no  heartbeat. Shadow tightly embraced Sonic's lifeless body as a few tears started to fall from his muzzle. 

Sonic was dead. Shadow took Sonic's body in his arms and dashed out of the place. "Sonic!" Amy shouted as Shadow placed Sonic down. Amy placed her hands over her mouth as tears fell from her muzzle. "N-no, this can't be!" Amy shouted as she tightly hugged Sonic's corpse. 

The story has come to an end.

Or did it.