Chapter Twenty Two

Today I’m seeing a different side of Damion, he is calm, he is gentle, he is loving. He even turned down my advances earlier. Guess the ruthless bad boy ain’t all that bad. My heart skipped a beat at his words to me earlier, he thinks I’m beautiful.

Oh god I hope my brain kicks in soon, before my heart leads me down the wrong path.

I’m not supposed to fall for Damion.

I pull out of my thoughts as Damion speaks up.

“Let’s get you to bed”

He helps me out of the bathtub, and I start to feel self-conscious. Really Ellanor, he has already seen every inch of your body, you idiot. I grab the towel and quickly wrap myself and go to my closet to get dressed. When I come out of the closet into my bedroom, I see Damion coming in with a cup of tea. Did I die and wake up in a different Universe? Who the fuck is this alien in Damion’s body?

He sees me staring at him and sheepishly says “Thought you would like something hot to drink before bed” and puts the cup down on my bedside table.
I climb into bed and sit against my fluffy pillows, looking at Damion that attempts to get up before I grab his hand.
“Will you stay with me for tonight?”
He looks down at our joined hands and picks my hand up and gives it a peck.
“Of course, anything to make you get some rest”
I finish drinking my tea while I eye Damion stripping his shirt and pants, leaving him in only his underwear, his beautifully sculpted abs and tattooed chest and arms on full display.

If I wasn’t so tired, I would probably drool and try to seduce him again.

He gets into bed and pulls me closer; I feel his arms hold me tightly and for a final time I cry all my hurt out. This is the last time you’re crying over your past Ellanor; I tell myself as I fall asleep in Damion’s embrace.