𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

Thikshitha

I sleepily walk out of my room and find my mom and dad on the couch in the living room, sipping coffee. Another tiring day this is going to be! I've been undergoing training in Hexaware Technologies for the past six months. Finally, after losing interviews with two other companies, I was accepted in this and I couldn't be more merrier.

However, days are exhausting, to be honest...

Like a zombie, I place myself beside my dad. "You slept for a long time today..." Mom mumbles and glances at me. "Vicky was excited to meet you as it's his first day in college but as you were sleeping, he just left in his pulsar.." my eyes bulge when I heed to my mom.

Ahh!! I forgot about it among all the pressures in the company. Vicky had chosen Bsc. Animation in Davinci media college. Luckily, it's quite near the company I am being as a trainee, currently.

After being done with my regular routine, I hop in my car and drive away to the organization. It starts at sharp nine in the morning but I'm already five minutes late. Not a big deal though...

The firm stands tall, seemingly looking down on me while I make my way inside it, quickly parking my car in the parking spot.

Once in, the training session continues and in breaks, I would chit-chat with one of my colleagues, who is also a trainee, Geetha. She has been a good friend to me since I joined here.

The day went, as usual, tiring. But I learned several useful things and have saved them in my brain.

In the evening at 4.30, we were granted permission to leave and I was hastier than anyone to vacate the place. Upon attaining my car, my phone continues to ping with numerous messages and I pulled it out of my handbag to find the creditor of those messages.

It's from Vicky. He had sent me diverse pictures of him with his classmates, in varied poses. I squint my eyes when I witness a picture where he is standing alone between a bunch of girls... surprisingly, Kirti was there too!? Am I seeing this right? Don't tell me she is stalking my Vicky...

Well, now I can't just confront her straight away like that though. Whatever, as long as she doesn't torture my Vicky to accept her, I wouldn't mind her being his girlfriend.

Damn. What's that weird feeling in my stomach now? I should be happy...

My lips tug up unknowingly when I click on his picture, which has only him alone, looking as handsome as ever. Can't blame Kirti for falling for him.

In the image, he is leaning his back against the railing, his hands spread out and wrapped around the handrail on each side while his gaze was fixed on the camera, his face tilted and an attractive smirk was attached to his lips.

I sent some flame emojis mentioning the exact picture and he quickly comes online and the status changes to, typing.

He labeled the picture where he was with girls and added, "No reviews on this pic?" I roll my eyes at his audacity and sent a puking emoji. In return, he replied with several hilariously laughing face emojis.

"Did your class get over? Where are you now?" I question and the retort came after a few seconds, combined with a picture.

"Class got over at four itself Thikki. Right now, I'm out at one of my school friends' houses to meet him" I sent an okay, and he put in, will see you later at home Thikki. I'll be there soon.

I sent a thumbs-up emoji and went offline before he can answer back.

Drive home was slow as I was stuck in traffic for a couple of minutes. But somehow I reached my home and was surprised to see Deepak and Vicky talking to each other on the veranda. I mean, they are actually speaking normally!!!! With a smile? Am I dreaming or what?

Deepak got selected for a job on his first try itself and after being a trainee for one year, he has now packed a good job with a promising salary.

When I lounge out of my car and reach near the duo from behind, Deepak throws me a smile. On the other hand, Vicky looks over his shoulder, his face neutral as he stares at me.

"Shi" Deepak walks over to me and embraces me in a hug. As Deepak's height is in line with mine, when I hug him, I can observe the disapproval on Vicky's face.

He didn't say anything and left inside the home. Such a possessive monster.

"Shi...I need to ask you something important" Deepak mutters as we pull away from the hug. "Yeah?" I implore and the words that left his mouth made my body stuck in place.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Seriously? Deepak is my friend!! As in best friend! How can he---

"I know it will be shocking to you. But still, I couldn't hide or deny my feelings for you anymore Shi...please consider and let me know your decision. Take as much time as you want yet not too long" he utters and leans in, which made me step back in instinct. Was he about to do some kissy?

The situation is too awkward and I, without any further exchange of words, entered my home hurriedly, only to come face to face with Vicky, way too close for my dismay.

To steady my messed-up self, I plant my hand on Vicky's chest and bring a decent distance between us.
"I heard your conversation with your best friend. Are you going to tell positive to him Thikki?" Vicky's voice was wavering.

"I don't know Vicky. Mom and dad are also pushing me to marry and settle. So, I might as well analyze about my decision before delivering him the same. Yet presently, I have no interest in such things. I want to work and earn for years till I'm satisfied. And most importantly, I want to pamper my Vicky.."

Vicky

And only then did I realize the amount of love I have for her. Her words were harmless yet so painful. I feel suffocated. I can't lose my Thikki. I can never give her to someone else.

I am still not sure If I'm really in love with her. But all these distinct reactions of mine are pointing out exactly that...

"Smile you stupid." I feel her body pressed against mine and I shut my eyes, drowning in my immoral thoughts.

Could it just be lust?

Or is it love?

I'm confused, honestly!

Only time could answer my doubtful questions...

....................

❤️❤️❤️