𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Thikshitha

On the same day, as I stop at Vicky's home to leave him there, I encounter the advocate uncle and aunt. I settle on the couch and recite the brutal incident I had witnessed in the morning. Their first reaction was to enquire me If I'm alright.

I'm not that scared though. Even when I convince them that I'm perfectly fine, they embrace me in a hug. Meanwhile, Vicky relaxes unbothered on the couch, playing video games on aunt's mobile. "Aunt, uncle... Vicky also has seen it" I say once I'm out from their hugs.

We divert all our scrutiny to him. "Vicky, are you okay?" Uncle reflects his concern, patting his head. "Yes dad" Vicky mumbles urgently, his interest solely pointed to the game that he is currently playing. Uncle and aunt's expression lags anxious as their gazes remain on Vicky.

A few minutes later, advocate aunt freshen up Vicky and sends him off with me to my home for his tutoring session. As I wander beside Vicky on the pavement, he suddenly wraps his both hand around my one hand and begins to balance his whole body on it, causing me to lose my stability.

We both stumble down on the ground and oh the right moment for a car to pass through the stagnant water's dwelling! The dirty liquid splashes in our way and I, in an instinct, shields Vicky's body, bearing all those water on me.

"You stink" Vicky giggles and I fake glare at him. "Omoo...you look like a ghost... I'm scared" He feigns horridness and flickers away from me. I glance at his cute little frame sprinting off and smile...

❤︎❤︎

It is enthralling daylight on Sunday. Vicky is five years old now and I'm twelve. He had grown accordingly to his age. Along with it, his mischievousness has also grown up.

He is famous in our school because of his frantic actions. Last time, during assembly, while everyone was singing the National anthem, this little Vicky began to sing a movie song...Worse is, he very well knew that he shouldn't do it yet he had purposely executed it.

Not only that, at the time of the half-yearly exam which had just finished, Vicky had left the exam hall and went outside, asking permission from mam as in he needed to go to the restroom.

Truth is, he came out to fetch his textbook to check out the answers. Unfortunately, the Principal who was going rounds had caught him red-handed. When he inquired Vicky about, why he had attempted cheating, Vicky explained..."I didn't cheat. I just had a few doubts over my answer. So I took my textbook to verify its rightness" and he shrugged cooly.

Well, you could suspect how I'm fed with this information right? I always have retained track of his studies and so I have a good bond with all his subject teachers, that is how I discover all his atrocious activities.

By the way, he is an average student, and anyone could easily figure out his utter disinterest in studies. He learns and gets a pass mark only because of the fear he possesses over his parents, and also as a reason of my tutoring classes...

And about me, I'm a mediocre student too. I try my best to ace all the exams but still, I will always lag behind a few of them. I'm improving nowadays though. I got 7th rank in the quarterly exam!

I'm expecting 4th or 5th in the half-yearly exam too. I had put my hard work into it so it's not bad now that I ache for such rank, is it?

Also, this is our third day holiday out of the ten days leave the school had bestowed us after the half-yearly exam. One of our teachers, teaching social science had asked us to prepare a project during our leisure time...

The project is, that we have to draw the solar system entirely in an A4 sheet and then, we are required to elucidate each of the planets and their respective properties individually, along with its image.

It is quite fascinating to me. Which is why I'm now hunched on one of the dining chairs in our living room and was working on my project.

My mom and dad are at the home today. But they are in upstairs, they left after having breakfast together with me. They were always so engaged with themselves and their career, and I got used to their ignorance of me.

As I proceed to guide the compass to form a circle, Vicky enters my home, a cooling glass spotted on his eyes. He appears funny.

"Ah, too much sunlight" he peels off the glass and perches it on the dining table, with a frigid attitude. Then he trots toward the television in the living room and turns it on.

"Thikki! Yesterday I had a dream of becoming spd red ranger!" He says avidly on his way back to me. "Wow. And what did you do after transforming into a red ranger?" I question in a gentle tone.

He pauses near the dining table and drags a chair close to mine and makes himself comfortable on it. He gazes at me and begins to converse. "I killed that rowdy guy who murdered those polices" His expression turns into an earnest one.

Oh god, why isn't he forgetting about that idiot rowdy yet!? Speaking of him, his case has been going on for literally one year. It is being handled by Vicky's parents.

As it is a controversial affair, almost every day there would be an update about the case and I would read it without slip. I'm eager to see those rowdies being convicted for their ugly deed. I have my full trust in my advocate uncle and aunt. They would definitely win this case!

I don't reply to Vicky. However, he seems not to mind it. He has his attention now on the television. He had grabbed the remote that sat on the dining table and had put on the Nickelodeon channel, where the samurai power ranger is displaying...

"Thikki...you and that yellow ranger Emily are similar," Vicky says, clutching my arms and leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Huh?..she is so fair and has blonde hair. In which aspect do this dusky skin and black hair of mine match hers?" I frown at him. Vicky is a fair little devil!

"She is caring and I like her so much," he says nonchalantly, ignoring my question, and stares intently at the television screen where the green ranger is now flirting with the yellow ranger.

"I hate green ranger" Vicky states sternly. I laugh out loud at the hatred that is evident on his face. "He is my favorite!" He really is. I smile dreamily at the green ranger. "Do your project Thikki," Vicky mutters and changes the channel, provoking me to chuckle.

My Cutiepie.

.....................

♥️♥️♥️