Politely, I said, "Yes. Can I have the BIG BUBBA'S BACON N'CHEESE burger please with two portions of chips please."

"Would you like any drinks with that?" She asked.

I nodded, "two sprites please."

"That will be about 15 minutes," Ellie replied. She looked around my age, but I didn't get a good look at her as she left, walking through a door that I assume leads to the kitchen.

As Dylan and I chatted about going to school, the waitress came back, this time with our food. My eyes were on Dylan, who looked at the food hungrily, as he licked his lips.

The food was set down in front of us and before Dylan could touch the food, I cut the burger. I cut it so that he got one half and I got the other. The whole burger would have been too much for him to eat.

I placed his half of the burger on his plate with the chips and he immediately dug in. I laughed at this, "slow down sweetie," I said, the motherly side of me coming out.

He started to slow down, just like I told him to and I started to eat. It didn't matter how much food I had, as long as Dylan ate enough.

After finishing up, Ellie, the waitress, came back.

This time I took the time to study her. She had natural beauty, but with the amount of make-up she was wearing, you could hardly tell. It was layered on so much that you could hardly notice the freckles dotted around her cheeks.

I asked for the bill as she took our plates away and she came back with the receipt in hand. "That will be £16.45."

I paid and soon after Dylan and I left on my motorbike.

As I was driving, I came to a few buildings. We were in the more run-down area of town. However, it wasn't the worst part of the town. It was in bad condition but it was safe enough.

At the same time that I slowed down, I noticed that the few buildings were in fact flats.

Stopping the bike, I got off helping Dylan afterwards, and went inside. As I was approaching, a plump, stubby man stalked towards us. He was wearing a black suit, a gold watch and some more expensive items; this man screamed money.

"May I help you Miss?" He asked.

"Yes," I responded. "Do you have any flat rooms vacant?"

"You're in luck, a lady just moved out. When would you like to move in?" Well that was quick and easy. He must only care about his money. He hasn't even asked for ID.

I was jingling with the key to get the door open. We got the flat at a good price. What had happened was that after discussing the price and checking out the room I got the flat.

I was now currently trying to open the door while carrying the luggage. Dylan was right next to me with his belongings, as soon as we got the flat we went straight back to the hotel to check out and collect our stuff.

After a few more turns of the key, the door opened. The flat included 4 rooms- the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room and the bedroom- and they were all quite small.

Dylan would have to share with me and we would have to eat in the living room. Oh well. He's slept with me before and at least this way I know that he is safe.

Not having much luggage, we unpacked quickly. There was already a double bed in the bedroom.A small tv, a sofa and a small table with two chairs were in the living room. That was all we really needed anyway.

Finding some spaghetti with sauce in my bag I got it out ready to cook. I had brought a pot, pan, cutlery, glasses and two plates with me so I knew I didn't have to buy them.

Whilst I cooked dinner, I put Dylan on the counter and we chatted about anything, nearly dying of laughter here and there.

It was the many times that I loved, when we forgot everything that has happened and just focus on now.

I dished up Dylan's food first, and then ate what was left from the pot.

Soon after I put Dylan to bed.

"Goodnight sweetheart," I said, kissing his forehead, then his cheek and then his nose. He smiled at me and said,

"Goodnight mummy." Surprised at his choice of words I asked him, "What do you mean mummy?"

"You are like my mummy, and sister and best friend all in one, but you are more like my mummy. I don't remember what she looks like and that makes me sad. So I think of you as my mummy instead." He replied as if it were that simple.

Just calling me mummy warmed my heart. Saying all of that was going to get me killed, it's not good for my heart, he doesn't even realise how much it means to me.

He dozed off just after his little speech. He was very smart for a 5 year old, and the fact that he thinks of me as his mum makes me happy but also sad.

He was too young to remember mum, especially as she was always working so I had to look after him most of the time. But I'm okay with that, because he is the best thing that has ever happened in my life.

With that I decided that I wouldn't be able to hold my eyes open long enough so I went to bed as well, trying to remember the good memories I had with mum.