paige meets the fake cast list

Start from the beginning

"is it okay if i vent about something to you, maya?" paige asks softly, "it's about something that happened at the audition."

"sure, baby. i'm all ears." maya agreed quickly, nodding as she spoke. she was honestly just watching the show while fiddling with her own fingers and paige's. but she'd now paused the video and was focused on giving paige her full attention.

"we talked about the script...right? the part about wendla asking melchoir to beat her? i know i said that it probably would not bother me. but it did, and i'm not entirely sure why." paige began, letting out a sigh, maybe it was the stress, maybe it was the fact that the teacher used a ruler and smacked the desk so the sound kinda just did it for me and i started to get flashbacks and almost ran outta that room."

maya kept quiet and just listened.

"but thankfully, i got through the whole scene and the singing of the song. so whatever got me through that, i'm so glad, but i usually would just quite literally stop working- like my mind would just shut off."

as maya listened she'd always look at paige, even though paige would just be looking in front of her.

"okay, i'm done." paige laughed wryly, "how was your day?"

"well, you spent most of it with me...so i'm feeling pretty good, bun. my shift at the bakery was not as bad as i thought- because it was only a few hours..." maya combs a hand through paige's hair without much thought, "though i think topanga was being easy on me because i definitely screwed up making the drinks like a couple times."

"it was great. i had a good day."

"my day was okay. the audition made a good day into an okay day." paige pouted.

"you did good, though, i'm sure. cordelia said your voice was beautiful- that's a big deal compliment right there." maya said back, "and she's right because i love the sound of your voice- it's like music to my ears."

"wow."

"hm?"

"nothin'. it's just...wow, i can't believe i'm so lucky. to have you in my life with me."

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

"paige?"

"ms. moran. yes?" paige nearly lets out a gasp.

"is this keychain yours?" ms. moran held it up.

"oh." paige's eyes widen, "yes, it's mine. thank you! i didn't even realise it fell off."

"oh- no worries, darling. here you go." ms. moran handed the keychain over with a smile on her face, "i just put up the cast list, by the way."

"oh? okay, i'm on my way to go check it out. have a good day, ms. moran."

"you too, paige." 

as the teacher departs, paige feels her heart start to pound in her chest and she could swear her palms were also sweaty. when farkle tapped on her shoulder, she nearly screamed. but all that came out of her mouth was a squeak.

"good...morning to you, too...?"

"i'm so nervous. the cast list is out, farkle." she spoke so quickly that he could barely understand her.