maya meets conflict

"paige, wait." maya called after her, "paige! let me explain." she caught up, grabbing ahold of her wrist. "let go." she seethed, "maya, let go," "no." maya stubbornly responded. "maya, let me go- you're hurting me." paige insists, her voice beginning to quiver. riley momentarily runs into the bakery but halts at the entrance when she saw the sight in front of her unfold. she gulps, observing worriedly.

"oh, my god- uncle josh, i can't believe i'm saying this, but what the hell was that for?!" riley shrieked at him once he appeared beside her.

paige eventually got out of maya's grip, of course maya let go a bit, albeit unwillingly. she really wanted to talk this out, but paige wanted otherwise. she glared at josh then pushed passed the two of them with her head hung low.

"oh, i'm so mad at you!" maya ran up to josh and smacked him, "you don't know how to read the goddamn room?! clearly i'm not at all interested and clearly not available."

"how was i supposed to know at first glance? you and riley hug all the time!"

"hey, don't you yell at me!" maya was furious. "maya, go after her." riley encouraged. "i'm gonna let her cool off. she wouldn't want to see me now anyway." maya sighs, burying her face in her hands.

"you obviously saw that it wasn't just a hug." maya huffs, "when you first got here yesterday, i pushed you away and walked away, told you no. does that mean nothing to you? you tried to kiss me. and i told you i didn't want any of that. then you walk in on us, without knocking? it was riley's room."

"i didn't know you and her were together, okay? besides, you had crush on me for years and i didn't know you were-"

maya scoffs, "yeah. because i don't know you well enough, and you don't know me well enough."

"what you did, was definitely wrong." topanga finally saw a chance to speak up in this whole situation. katy was there too, watching the whole thing happen.

"you're okay with this?" josh scoffs.

"maybe you've forgotten who you're talking to. i was the weird hippie kid- i'm very open-minded. that aside, of course i'm okay with it because i know them, and they work. and they're happy," topanga forced a smile, her eyes were giving a totally different message, "even if i wasn't, i wouldn't be telling them. i would educate myself before i go around assuming things and upsetting people."

"you know what? just- ugh." maya got up, frustrated and she runs out of the place, riley immediately ran after her.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

riley finds maya at the bay window, crying. "i tried looking for her. i don't know where she is."

"i'll get the gang to help look for her and i'll try to contact her too. is her mom home?"

"no, her mom's working a shift at the grove bistro."

"lucas texted back- he's getting dinner at grove bistro. she wasn't there."

"farkle and smackle are trying the park."

"i went there too! she wasn't there. what if something happened to her?"

"maya, breathe." riley coaxed, "our friends are looking for her. and i'm gonna help you."

"help me, with what? i just want to turn back time and wish that freaking josh didn't walk in on us and ask me out like a dumbo."