intervention, improvement and...farkle's funny photo

"it's been nearly two months, paige. all i've been doing is try to help you! and then you fucking just threatened to leave this planet acting like no one cares." maya spat, "because we do. we care too much for you to leave so soon."

"i hate my life. i hate myself. i hate how i've burdened everyone. why can't i just die? why'd you have to tell my mom what i did?"

"i love you. and i told her because you were literally killing yourself right in front of me! those thoughts, the way you see yourself...it's not healthy!"

"you should've just left me there to die."

"you know what, we're done. until you can wake the fuck up and realise you need to get help...don't fucking look for me."

for a moment there, paige did snap out of that alternate reality that she got sucked into. that endless loop of flashbacks, self-hatred, self-harm, starving herself, staying in bed all day.

maya leaves, slamming the front door. smackle left too, running after maya.

paige runs into her room and just went manic. she shoved everything on her dresser, on her desk and her bed to the floor all while screaming and sobbing. then probably for the first time in her life, rosa froze and had no freaking clue what to do. farkle wanted to go into paige's room but hesitated. so, he just sat on the couch awkwardly while praying that this will pass. and after an agonising near ten minutes of paige wrecking havoc in her room, it became almost completely silent. apart from paige still crying and hyperventilating. "i'm sorry." she kept repeating over, and over and over again while her breathing was so fast. "mami, i'm s- i'm sorry. farkle, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to-"

"mami, i'm sorry. i'm-"

rosa heard paige call her mom and she snapped out of her daze, rushing to where paige was— she was squatting, her back against the wall by her room and had her face in her hands. "it's gonna be okay, mijita." rosa moved paige's hands away from her face.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean-"

rosa shook her head, "it's okay, mi amor. can i get you to stand up? i'll help you, okay?" having not eaten anything in two days, she was starting to get a little shaky.

rosa helped her take a bath, and change. then, got her to drink a glass of water. well...about half a glass. and farkle? he'd quietly been tidying up paige's room. once rosa was done and brought paige to her room, farkle just quietly slipped out of the girl's bedroom.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

"can i call dr. katz and get you an appointment?"

paige nodded and she snuggled under the thick blanket, eyes still teary.

"i'll be just a minute, alright?"

walking outside, rosa notices farkle. "you can go keep her company while i call her psychiatrist. if not you can go home, farkle. i'm sorry."

"of course- i'll keep her company." farkle treaded carefully, not wanting to startle or upset paige.

he laid beside paige, his hand finding its way to paige's and held it. "i'm right here with you. it'll be okay."

"i'm very sorry, i didn't mean to act like that."

"it's okay, paige." farkle promised, "it's okay."

and that was when paige officially took some time off school to focus on getting better. rosa also had to negotiate with her superior in order to make this whole recovery plan work. paige saw her psychiatrist first, who put her on medications for her depression, ptsd and anxiety disorder. then came her therapy sessions. at first, she dreaded going to them. and that stage lasted longer than she'd hoped. she was terrified of leaving the house, and part of it was due to being on medications- it made her more anxious initially, it made her have bad headaches, and worst of all? it had her feeling tired all day. rosa had to force her to get her out of bed.