maya meets the journal

"did you see paige today?"

"no, i don't know where she is. we're supposed to meet this morning before school- she didn't show up. i didn't want to be late so i eventually just came to school."

"paige didn't show up?" zay asked.

"yeah. that's what i said. she didn't- plus, i texted her and everything. she didn't even come online."

"dad." riley noticed that cory just walked in. "yes, riley?" "paige isn't here. is she sick?"

"not exactly. i do know why she isn't here today, but for her privacy's sake, i'm not supposed to tell anyone."

maya wanted to know. she so desperately wants to know. she was oddly worried for the girl, but at the same time, she was kinda mad that paige didn't say anything at all despite the texts. and even a call. okay, maybe two. maya decided she definitely wasn't letting that go. and so, after school maya kept bugging him for an answer.

"matthews, please."

"i can't say it if she doesn't want that, maya."

"what's going on, you guys?" topanga asks.

"he doesn't want to tell me where paige is."

"oh." topanga puts down her bag, "why not?"

"paige said not to tell anyone, so i'm simply following her instructions." cory explained.

"she's not home, she's not answering my texts, or my calls." maya breathes heavily, feeling a lump in her throat.

"maya..." riley pulled her down onto the couch, "i'm sure she's going to be okay. she probably just doesn't want any of us to worry."

"well, i'm worrying."

"just tell her, cory." topanga quips, "she's not gonna stop until you tell her. and you know that."

"oh, alright, alright." cory gave in, sitting down on the couch as well, "her mom called to inform the school that paige'd went to the hospital early this morning. she has a chronic condition and it worsened."

"what?" maya gulped.

"i may have told you, but whether or not you think it's okay to go see her is up to you to decide."

"if she told you not to say anything, and you actually told me, i shouldn't go see her." maya thought aloud, "but- she'll be okay, right?"

"her mom said she'll be back in school by next week if things are okay."

"oh," maya sulked.

"she'll text you back before you know it."

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

when maya found out where paige was, it was wednesday. then, in a blink of an eye. it was friday- the weekend. maya could only talk to paige via text message at that point, but paige did tell her she was coming home today.

"you got the homework?"

"yes, riley. for the third time, yeah, i did."

"just making sure." riley answered with a smile on her face, "i'm so glad she's alright."

"me too, riles."

"you're sure you don't want me to walk there with you?"

"mhm. it's the weekend, i know you and lucas are going to see a movie. you guys have your plans, and i have plans to go see paige." maya nods her head, "we're hanging out tomorrow, right?"