paige meets the dessert of desire

"paige?" the guy's voice seemed muffled to her, but somehow familiar, "what's the matter?"

"i'm sorry." her voice quivered with each word as she scurries away, however not quick enough because whoever it was caught up within seconds.

"paige. it's me- farkle." he puts a hand on her shoulder to stop her but to his surprise, she jumped and stepped back.

"leave me alone. i'm going home."

"paige, stop. what happened? you're not in the condition to go home on your own right now. you live an hour away." farkle tried to ignore her tone of voice even though admittedly? it did sting. but also knew that this wasn't her.

"w-where's maya?"

"she said she'd gotten a job at topanga's so she's there right now for a couple hours? she told all of us that."

paige knew that. farkle knows that she knows where maya was...so what was with this sudden...anxiety attack? either way, farkle knew he had to get her out of the hallway, out of an open area and get her seated. fast.

"paige, follow me." farkle was going to take paige's  hand, but then decided against that because of how big a reaction she had from his hand on her shoulder, "follow me."

he took her to a picnic table at the end of the hallway and sat her down. she drops her backpack and the badly crumpled script both on the ground as farkle said clearly, "sit down. take a deep breath, breathe with me."

"i screwed up the-" her breathing hitches, "it was- oh my god the script made me remember-"

"paige, deep breaths. you can tell me anything later." farkle reminded while glancing at the items on the floor- his eyes were particularly drawn to the script.

apart from breathing instructions, farkle remained totally silent as he waited for the girl to calm down. it took about six or seven minutes but she thankfully regained composure and was able to talk clearly.

"you don't know this, probably. but i'd used to get beat up by my adoptive parents and a part of the script made me have flashbacks."

"oh. did you know it was going to be in the script, or?"

"i did, and stupidly i continued to decide that i would go for the audition. because i did go to therapy and those triggers haven't triggered me in a long time since then. i just don't know why it suddenly happened again today...maybe the nerves?"

"i'm sorry you felt that way, do you feel better now?"

"yeah, i'm okay. thanks, farkle."

"good, no problem. so, aside from that part, how'd the audition go?"

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

"farkle!" smackle exclaimed, "there you are! i thought you said to meet by my locker."

"i did, sorry. had to help paige with something."

smackle guessed it based on paige's tear-streaked face and the backpack and script just practically dumped on the floor. "oh, it's okay. how was the audition? you don't have to tell if you don't want to, of course."