"She was so happy to see you," Stevie rolled her eyes with a smile.

He laughed, "Can you blame her?"

She smiled again, "No," she didn't mean for it to come out so seriously, but it did. "Lindsey?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm ready for us to talk."

"Oh?" His ears perked up, not sure where this was going, "About...?"

"Everything," she met his eyes now, "I think we need to get it all out."

"Okay but...do we have to do it out here in the rain?" He grinned hopefully.

She smiled, "Fine, we can be boring and go inside."

Stevie led the way back into the hotel, taking one last look at the rainy Arizona night before heading through the door. Lindsey followed her closely as they took the elevator to her suite without exchanging another word. It was quiet, but their soft exchanged glances said it all. They were ready to lay down their armor and say what needed to be said.

"Do you mind if I change quickly?" She asked, looking back at him as they walked into her room. "Oh, you're soaked too."

"Yeah, you should get out of those wet clothes," he agreed, she gave him a look, "Not like that..."

She laughed, "I'm going to go change in the bathroom."

He nodded quietly as she disappeared beyond the bathroom door. Secretly, he longed for the nights when she would change in front of him without a care in the world. They weren't that long ago, after all, he thought as he remembered all their shared nights on this tour, the thrill of rediscovering each other again. He wasn't sure if that was lost forever, or if this conversation may help them gain a spark of it back. He swallowed nervously as he thought of all the things they needed to say out loud to each other. He hoped they'd be able to survive them all.

"Here, something dry for you to put on. You should get out of those wet clothes too," she smiled, handing him an oversized hotel robe.

"Thanks," he looked up at her with a grin as he sat on the small sofa in the hotel room.

She walked past him nervously, wearing her own long silky robe. He stood up and lifted his black t-shirt over his head. When Stevie's eyes accidentally went straight to his wet chest, he couldn't help but notice. "Wine," she stuttered nervously, embarrassed at being caught, "We should have some wine," she scrambled towards the mini fridge for a bottle of red. He grinned as he watched her walk by, flattered he still had that effect on her.

"Here," she whispered as she handed him a glass, sitting on the opposite corner of the couch and getting herself settled.

"Thank you."

For a few minutes, neither one of them dared to start the conversation, unsure of how to even begin. Lindsey wanted her to be able to take the lead, this was her idea after all, and he wanted to let her call the shots. Just when he was about to break the ice himself, she finally opened her mouth to say something.

"I know this may sound stupid," she began slowly, "But when we agreed to do this tour, when we came back into each other's lives, I never ever thought we would end up....making love again."

"The moment I saw you open that door, I had this insatiable need to kiss you right then and there," he admitted, thinking back to when they first saw each other at Lily's birthday party months ago.

"It's not that I never thought about it," she blushed, "It's just that, after the way things ended before, I didn't think I could ever go back. I didn't think I'd ever get over the heartbreak of how things ended last time."