Chapter 27

"Lindsey, that is absolutely cheating!" She screeched, throwing her cards on the table, "Do you even know the rules of Go Fish?!"

"It is not cheating!" He laughed at her, "Don't be a sore loser!"

"You only get 7 cards at a time!!!"

"I think it's 8."

"You're wrong."

"GO FISH!" He shouted playfully at her, messing up her pile of cards, causing them both to laugh.

As they sat in the middle of the plane, Mick, Christine, and John watched in relief as the two of them finally seemed to be getting along again after a tense week. They were all on the way to the band's next tour stop: Denver. Followed by the highly-anticipated destination: Vegas. Mick made sure to have a night full of fun plans for them all after that show, and he was already itching with excitement. They hadn't been to Vegas in YEARS. And now that Stevie and Lindsey were talking again, that meant they could all actually have fun.

Lindsey and Stevie laughed, taking their seats side by side again now that their card game ended. He watched as Stevie snuggled up under her blanket, her tiny body somehow looking even tinier all curled up like that. Lindsey tried not to take notice of how cute it was, but he let his eyes linger for a moment in admiration. They were in a good place. Four days had gone by since their rooftop conversation and after a couple minor awkward moments, they finally seemed to be finding their footing as friends. And no, they never did have that other conversation about The Dance tour...but honestly he was too scared to go there now and rock the boat with the surprisingly good place they found themselves in. He guessed Stevie felt the same, because she hadn't brought it up either.

"Will Dave be coming to any of the California shows?" Lindsey asked after a few minutes.

"He'll definitely be at the first LA night. Not sure about Anaheim or Sacramento. They're weekend shows and he's got the kids, so it may be tough to bring them all. What about your family?"

"Yeah Kristen will be there. I think the kids are all coming to the first LA night too, Will was already saying he wanted to go to the show that Lily would be at," he laughed.

She smiled, "They're so sweet."

"They are. I hope they stay that way for as long as possible."

"Me too. But for the record, you're still sweet when you want to be too," she teased with a smile, "The other times though? Very very sour."

He laughed, "Yeah yeahhhh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something caught his eye from the stage that night. As they finished Secondhand News, he couldn't help but notice someone standing in the front row, jumping up and down waving a copy of the Buckingham Nicks vinyl all over the place. He smiled as he saw it, turning to Stevie to point in the direction of the album cover. She grinned and blushed once she saw the old photo looking back at her.

Lindsey walked up to take the copy in his hands, along with the Sharpie that the fan was holding in hopes of getting them to sign it. He turned around to Stevie to show her the record and she laughed again - covering her face and pretending to be completely embarrassed.

"Someone brought their copy of our Buckingham Nicks record," she announced into her microphone, letting the rest of the audience know what was going on. "And look how very young and cute Lindsey and I look...and very naked," she grinned.

He laughed hysterically, "How I like us best," he mouthed to her as he signed the copy, passing it in her direction to do the same.

As she did, he took over the microphone, "Stevie and I put a lot of love and hard work into this album many many years ago. And she was not only talented, but also so damn beautiful," he held up the album once again, "I mean, look at her! It's probably one of my favorite things we've ever done because it's so special. And the memories and blood and sweat and tears it took to make it are so special too."