Chapter 12

A special two-in-one update day in honor of Stevie's birthday :)  Happy birthday to our queen!!! 

"Thank you for coming out to jam with us tonight, THE MAC IS BACK," Mick's voice boomed through the theater as the audience's cheers filled the entire arena.

Hand-in-hand, the five of them made their way backstage in unison, the energy high after their first show in ten years. Cheers broke out backstage amongst the crew and production teams, Stevie playfully taking a bow. She felt Lindsey's hand on her lower back, his fingers gripping onto her and she knew he was feeling the same wave of emotions as she was.

"Hey," his voice whispered against her hair as he pulled her into his arms for a hug, "We did pretty good out there, huh?"

She smiled, her lips placing a gentle kiss on his cheek, "Very good, I'd say."

He couldn't help the enormous smile taking over his face right now, he wanted to kiss her so badly, the taste of her lips still tingling on his after their Landslide kiss. He couldn't believe she kissed him on stage like that, dead on the lips for the entire world to see. He wanted to ask her why she did it. He wanted to tell her how good it felt, how it made his heart soar. But any words about it felt inappropriate, and he knew he had to be careful.

Before he could say anything else, their moment was interrupted by the vision of Kristen and his three kids entering the room behind Stevie. Kristen's eyes shot right to him and Stevie in their embrace and Lindsey backed away slowly, knowing he was likely going to hear a comment about that kiss on stage. Excusing himself from the band, he went over to greet his kids and wife.

"Well, what did you think?" He asked Leelee and William.

"It was so cool!" William cheered, "Me and Lily are going to be like you and Stevie in our band."

"Oh...."Lindsey smiled at his son, Kristen shooting a disapproving glare his way.

"And what did you think?" He smiled at his wife, hoping to get on her good side.

"You guys did wonderful," she returned his smile, but he knew there was another comment there waiting to come out. Luckily for him, she pulled him into a hug instead.

Lindsey watched as Stevie twirled Lily in her arms behind him and his family, her face lighting up as she twirled the girl. For a moment, he wondered what it would have been like if they had a child together. He tried not to let his mind wander there, but seeing her twirl around her daughter so carefree and happily couldn't help but get to him. He wished Lily was his, it was unfair that she didn't have a real father in her life, he thought.

"Dad, can we come to the after party!" Leelee asked.

He laughed, "Honey, I think it's just for the grownups tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, Lindsey found himself back in his hotel suite with his family. He and Kristen were getting ready to meet the rest of the band and crew downstairs for celebratory drinks while their nanny would watch the kids as they slept. As Kristen shut the door to their kids' adjoining bedroom, he watched her eye him with intent and glare. He knew what was coming.

"So are we going to talk about what the hell that was on stage?" Her voice was low as to not wake the kids, but the biting tone was enough to get her anger across perfectly.

"Excuse me?" Lindsey asked, pretending to be confused and utterly shocked.

"What's not going to fly is you and Stevie kissing on stage, Lindsey. Do you know how completely inappropriate that is? I can't believe she just felt like it was okay to kiss you like that up there - a married man. And while her own boyfriend was in the crowd, no less!"