CXLVII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"..."

Everyone was quiet, all were observing the Emperor's lover. Eyeing with great curiosity as to how she would react.

Two Empresses stared at her with a blank face. One was curious as to what Rashta's reply would be and the other couldn't care less— as if she was tired of it all.

Dark doe eyes looked up to stare at green ones. Navier truthfully don't know what the former was thinking about and had assumed that Rashta would remain tight-lipped.

"..."

The blonde turned away, face filled with nonchalance. She stared instead at the (h/c)-nette but the latter was noticeably fixated on Ergi.

Perhaps she was quite shock at what he said? The Duke was known being a friend of Rashta's now. And for him to have say those things to her, Navier, too, was surprised.

But of course, (Y/n) knew the truth and she was just staring— no, glaring— at him because of her deep loathing towards him.

However, Ergi was basking at the attention the Nevivon woman was giving, internally.

He sipped his tea in delight, closing his eyes as he savoured both the attention and flavour.

Rashta, in lieu of staying silent, surprisingly erased her look of surprise and the dullness of her eyes returned back to it's clear sparkling appearance.

"I heard it's common for nobles to have lovers outside of their marriage. So it seems that's true."

Her face had a red hue on it, as if she was embarrassed to say such a thing.

"—!/...!"

The nobles all jumped at her words and some even began to sympathize with her.

"Well it's true that there are more married couples who have other lovers than couples who don't."

One nodded, "Unless they are a good match like Countess Eliza and her husband, that is."

"It's because it's conventional to marry for convenience." Another added.

Rashta listened carefully to each of their words. She bobbed her head and smiled back.

"Oh my. So it's very common." She beamed.

"Actually, Rashta was very surprised when she heard that the Duchess Tuania had five lovers. But now that I heard it is natural, I feel like I’m going through a new world!"

Everyone's mouth hang open at what she said.

A loud clang could be heard across from her. Revealing it was the said Duchess that created such noise when she place down her fork with a not very happy look.

"..."

"Ah."

The concubine turned and she quickly covered her mouth with her hands.

"Was it something I shouldn't say? Did I say something inappropriate? I'm sorry." She apologized distressingly.

"It’s not something you should say, because it’s ridiculous nonsense, Lady Rashta." The Duchess' voice was clear holding an animus tone to it.

Rashta apologized profusely but the brunette wasn't having it.

"I'm sorry, Duchess." The Blue Bohean Duke leaned to the female albino. "She's not yet familiar with the slightly forced manners that are required in polite society. She's only repeating what she heard."