LXXVIII

˜"*°• Imperial Majesty •°*"˜

Everyone was silent, too nervous to say anything as the tension began to increase in the air.

Navier shook her head, "No one is fighting, your majesty."

Good thing (Y/n)'s voice didn't alerted the attention of the others. She wanted to keep everything going as planned after all.

"Hmm, is that so?"

She nodded and the (h/c)-nette released her hold on the male albino. She patted his arm and they began to part ways.

The Eastern Empress led her friend to the table, (Y/n)- wanting to be chivalrous- pulled Navier's chair and gently pushed it back once she was seated.

Once they were on their seats, they then began to feast on their dinner that was presented to them the moment they sat.

She was seated next to the blonde- making the latter sat between the Princess and the Nevivonnian Empress.

Navier's words were proven to be a lie when two adult men began to argue. The (h/c)-nette glanced at Sovieshu and it he seemed to engrossed on the Prince.

"I'm sure Rashta wrote those letters. She was confused for a moment. The contents can be confusing, can't they?"

"What's disrespectful about pointing out her mistakes? She said that she's the recipient of my letters, but does it make sense to confuse half the contents of the letters?"

Sovieshu turned red, his glare hardened towards the Prince. He was too prideful to care about what other might think of him.

Navier saw the (h/c)-nette set down her fork and started to nibble on some cookies while staring at the scene in front of them, intently.

It looked as if she found the whole scene entertaining...

He didn't even paid her any mind, and (Y/n) assumed that he was definitely too lovestruck at the woman sitting beside him.

Prince Heinley continued, "Goodness... So Lady Rashta has a poor brain? Ten things, half forgotten? If her wit is the issue, then I'll admit my wrong."

The Nevivon Empress took a napkin and quickly hid the smile that she had failed to suppressed.

'Stop making me laugh.'

The atmosphere turned even more ugly and the silence befell in the room once again, the only thing could heard was the sound of (Y/n) eating the cookies.

Her (e/c) eyes were staring at them intently as if she was watching a play.

'Is...Is she enjoying this?'

"But if she was impersonating my lady then, isn't it natural that I'd try to protect my lady's honour?"

His eyes drifted at (Y/n) for a moment before returning back to face the ravennette, "Oh. Although my pen pal might be a gentleman instead of a lady."

She could see how the Eastern Empress sweat a little at the part where he said the word: gentleman.

"I'm terribly offended." His magenta eyes gaze at Rashta- who flinched in response. "By your servant and by Lady Rashta. Are you slighting the Western Kingdom or me?"

"Rashta clearly told you that she had momentarily gotten the contents of the letters mixed up."

Sovieshu growled but Heinley merely leaned back against his chair with his hand behind his head.

"And I clearly said that it's bizarre that my pen pal would get half of the letters' contents confused." The Prince retorted.

"Prince Heinley!" He barked.

"Am I the strange one here, everyone? The lady sitting here, Rashta, called herself the recipient of my letters yesterday. And I believed it because I thought that a famous lady like Rashta wouldn't lie, and I spent all day honoring her. And as Princess Soju put it, I treated her as sweetly as a cream puff."

He motioned a hand towards the Princess- who she sweatdropped at his motion, and both of them- Empress Navier and Princess Circe shared the same thought.

'He...He has very good hearing.'

"That's right." The Princess didn't hesitate and immediately sided with him. Then he spoke again.

"But there was something strange during our conversation. Lady Rashta didn't know more than half of what she has exchanged with me. She knew nothing about our recent exchanges. Isn't it strange that she doesn't know half the contents, as well as the contents from only one or two letters ago? Lady Rashta's maid didn't know that as well."

Everyone nodded at his words and Rashta's ears turned red. Sovieshu snarled at him, "That's enough, Prince Heinley."

But he wasn't done, "It was supposed to be a quiet matter, but it was the Emperor of the Eastern Empire that brought it out to the open."

The Emperor's glare never left his face, "Shouldn't a knight protect his lady if she's in trouble? If the Western Kingdom condemns a poor woman over a trivial matter and calls that chivalry, then there's nothing left for me to explain."

"No, no. My pen pal was falsely impersonated, and I must protect them too."

That was then, Rashta, who hadn't said a word to the whole drama, began to whimpered.

"It's too much..."

Everyone's eyes then shiftes towards her, she sniffled as if she was the main protagonist of this little play.

Prince Heinley rose a brow, "Why did you try to deceive me again, Lady Rashta? Why did you play a trick with the maid?"

Rashta sobbed, "I said the contents of the letter exactly. But Prince Heinley keeps insisting it's a lie."

Ha...

(Y/n) listened attentively as she took a sip from her glass.

She saw how the concubine's eyes were filled with tears and how those tears began to stream down her face.

"I think I know why you're doing this. Is it because Rashta is not the kind of person you wanted? Were all the gestures of friendship you sent to Rashta false?"

This woman...

Sovieshu clenched his jaw and he scowled at the Western Prince, "Is that true?" Prince Heinley, however, merely laughed and shook his head, "You must be crazy."

"Are you accusing of Rashta being a liar because you saw her with his majesty?"

Her tears didn't seem that it would stop soon, but so did this whole scenario. And (Y/n) found everything very amusing.

"Lady Rashta. You are the most brazen person I have ever met."

"For the sake of our friendship, please don't keep saying things that will hurt Rashta."

She began to cry, loudly. The surrounding nobles looked all the more uncomfortable.

Everyone looked so confused, they didn't know which side to believe. Princess Circe was busy watching with wide eyes and Duchess Tuania watched the show with folded arms.

.

.

.

'Should I get involved...?'