CXXXVI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Ahem."

The two lovers paused their lovey dovey display and turned to look at the woman who had cleared her throat to earn their attention.

"Oh, apologize. I got carried away."

(Y/n) hummed and waved her hand dismissively, "No need to apologize."

Sovieshu gently pushed Rashta off of him and placed her flowers on his nightstand. As he turned around though, the (h/c)-nette shot a look of disgust towards the concubine.

But it turned into a small smile once the ravennette turned around to face her. He returned her smile and spoke,

"So, how is work doing you? I heard that you spent your time helping the Empress on my share of work."

(Y/n) leaned back in her seat and twirled a strand of (h/c) hair around her finger, "Well, to be honest..."

A small smile unconsciously appeared on her lips, as well as a small red hue dusted her cheeks as she recalled her time with Navier.

"Doing some work has never been fun, until I began working alongside Navi."

"So, working alongside me was never fun?"

"Haha! Nope!"

She popped the word 'Nope', chuckling when she saw his pouting face and Rashta went close to him— hugging him for comfort.

"Well, if Rashta could work, I'm sure it'll be fun doing so with you, your majesty!"

Ugh.

'Okay diva, no one asked.'

The Nevivon Empress mentally rolled her eyes, her lips twitched as she stared at Sovieshu smiling lovingly at his woman.

But...

Deep down, the (h/c)-nette knew everything was all just an act. There was something about ravennette that she couldn't quite figure out.

And it was bugging her the hell out. She was definitely going to the bottom of this, she was definitely going to investigate why he suddenly brought her in.

She was so sure that it was just pity at first, but she didn't know why he made her his concubine.

"How curious..."

The two paused their moments— turning to look at her with a questioning glance.

"I'm surprised that this is what an Emperor would do with his mistress..."

The foreign woman set her clasped hands on her lap, slightly tilting her head to the side and a strange smile appeared on her lips.

"As someone who has grown up in a household without any concubines around, I say— it is the very first that I got to witness your majesty and his side woman up close."

"—!"

"!"

'S-Side woman?!'

The silver-nette's eyes widened as those words left the vile woman's lips. But the said vile woman only smiled in response.

As if she had intended to say those words to her. And that was very bold of her to do so.

How dare she speak to her like that, especially when the Emperor was around.

Even if she was a sovereign of a powerful Empire, she shouldn't speak so badly towards his majesty's beloved concubine.

And what did she mean about not growing up having mistresses around? There was no way an Emperor wouldn't have at least one.