LXXII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Unfortunately, the Grand Duke was called by his men for a meeting.

Kaufman felt a wave of disappointment came through him as he had no choice but to cut their time short.

He apologized and (Y/n) waved him off, saying that she understood, and the Duke smiled at her for being so understanding.

He left and the (h/c)-nette overheard the entire commotion that was going on Navier's group.

It would have seemed her ladies-in-waiting thought that she was his anonymous pen pal.

Rashta had left a while ago, it turns out she was handing out a few invitation letters to everyone for her little party at her salon.

(Y/n) knew that, if she hadn't avoided being seen by that concubine she would've been invited for sure.

And she didn't want to spend her time chatting with a homewrecker.

Her (e/c) eyes could see how Navier sweatdropped at her ladies-in-waiting, they were whispering at her and poor Princess Circe was left dumbfounded at their actions.

She stifled a laugh, finding the scene to be very amusing.

The blonde caught her gaze and she smiled lightly at her— (Y/n) eagerly waved her hand and grinned at her.

Before the Eastern Empress returned her focus on the murmurs and laughter from her social circle.

Navier wouldn't lie— she was absolutely shocked when she heard that her anonymous pen pal was none other than the well known casanova Prince.

To say that she was shock was an understatement, she actually didn't know what to feel.

She hadn't been in contact with the Prince— only when she had greeted him when he came but that was merely it.

"Isn't this a good opportunity to become friends, your majesty?"

She quickly hushed the ladies with her words, "If word gets out about our relationship...My enemies may spread malicious rumours."

"So..."

She gave a small smile, "...I'd rather stay friends like this. Friends who don't know each others faces or names."

(Y/n), of course, heard all of this and let out a sigh of relief. She honestly thought the blonde had figured everything out by now.

She's a smart one, after all.

But judging from her words, it would seem she still doesn't have the slightest clue.

She finally understood the meaning behind that one particular letter stating that she was a man.

And the Nevivon Empress found it cute.

(Y/n) saw that there was not much she could do in the banquet hall, she couldn't talk with Navier since she was busy and she wasn't really in the mood to talk and mingle with the other guests.

So she decided to rest in her room for now.

Maybe she'll take a look at what Piere had gathered and maybe think about their plans next.

As she turned her heel, she was suddenly approached by someone.

"Oh, Count Firnir."

The said Count bowed his head in respect and earned a nod from her.

"Your majesty, the Emperor wishes to see you."

"The Emperor wishes to see me?"

She stared at him, confused. Today might be the second day of the New Year's ceremony and that there wasn't that much to be busy about.