LXXXVI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"What?"

"I'm your pen pal, it isn't Prince Heinley, and I have the letters to prove it."

Navier didn't know what to say, (Y/n) was usually all smiles and she would always pounce on her for a hug.

But now, she could thoroughly see how serious and...sad she was.

"..."

"How...did you know it was me?"

Her voice was a whisper— both their voices were, actually.

The blonde quickly thought back to the previous days and didn't recall telling the (h/c)-nette anything about her pen pal.

All she had said yesterday was that, she knew who the recipient of the letters was and it was not Rashta.

(Y/n) clearly saw her friend's puzzled expression and she was more than happy to clear her confusion.

She quickly waved her hand and gave her a reassuring smile, a smile that the blonde ease up a bit.

"Please don't be alarmed, your majesty. It wasn't a slip up on your part."

"Then how...?"

She then began to explain herself.

"Both that woman and her maid knew the first contents of the first few letters. So I guessed that perhaps somebody who knew the contents of only the first few letters...had informed that concubine and her servant. I heard that one of your ladies-in-waiting recently started serving her."

The Eastern Empress listened attentively to every word she said, and noticed how she never mentioned Rashta's name.

"..."

'She was able to figure out that it was me simply based on that?'

She knew that the Nevivon Empress was smart, but she was quite impressed to witness her intelligence first hand.

"Then, what about Prince Heinley? I thought he was—"

"No, don't mind him."

(Y/n) waved her hand dismissively and gave her close-eyed smile, placing a hand to chest, "Prince Heinley's rumour about finding a pen pal was merely a hoax."

Her emerald coloured eyes went wide, "W-What?" She stuttered.

The (h/c)-nette let out a soft chuckle at her reaction, she leaned down closely to ear and spoke.

"I was the one who started it all."

She took her wrist— startling the Empress. She dragged her somewhere quiet, and Piere, from a distance, saw this.

He then gathered everyone's attention, giving the two a few moments of alone time.

They halted once (Y/n) noted that they were now alone. She turned to face her and saw that her childhood friend was waiting for her to speak.

"I'm the one who started the rumour. I asked for Prince Heinley's help and he agreed."

"Why?"

She pressed her lips and stared at her directly in the eyes.

"I wanted to see what that woman would do."

"Rashta?"

"Yes."

It was no secret that Nevivon's sovereign was raised with the belief that mistresses were 'impure beings' and that she was strictly told to avoid them at all cost.