XIX

˜"*°• Imperial Majesty •°*"˜

"Your majesty, Sir Lémieux is here to discuss with you, as you had wished."

"Come in."

The doors opened and the Captain and Duke went inside her office, both giving a respectful bow once they stood in front of her.

"Your majesty."

The Captain greeted. "Greetings, Captain Lémieux." And she greeted back.

"I had heard from Duke Caldwell that no sights of suspicions were caught yesterday."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Thoroughly checked and all."

"Yes."

"Is there something that you would wished to be noted for our military's condition?"

The Captain's heart warmed, what a strange move. The moment she was crowned Empress, her first thought would be her loyal knights/guards.

"Nothing to be noted, your majesty. The military's state are in great conditions, supplies and other necessities are still very enough for the Empire's soldiers."

Sir Lémieux smiled, "But if there is anything out of the ordinary or problems regarding our men, you shall be notified of it, your majesty."

(Y/n) smiled and nodded, "Good to know, thank you, Captain."

"It is an honour to serve you, Empress (Y/n)."

As the Captain was about to head out, the (h/c)-nette called out to him, "Sir Lémieux,"

"Yes, your majesty?"

"There is something I'd like for you to do."

"Anything, your highness."

"Tell every one of your men to take a three days of break."

"Your majesty?"

"Three days of break. But of course, to still ensure the safety of our people and our nation, taking a three days break should be done by batch."

A three days of break? To everyone who served the army? Currently, there are 203,448 members of the Imperial staffs serving their military.

But then again, it would be nice to take a break of it all.

"I'm at your command, your majesty."

The Captain gave out lastly a smile and a respectful bow, before finally leaving the Empress' office.

"Hm, you certainly know how to win your men's loyalty."

"Haha, come on, they deserve it."

"I suppose..."

The Duke eyed her, cautiously. "What is it?" She asked, staring at him in confusion.

"You didn't do anything that was not within my sights, did you?"

"Ah-! N-No, I did not."

"Really? Then what was that stutter and gasp just now?"

"That's-"

"Pardon the intrusion."

Both their attention was then placed on the maid, who casually entered the room without permission.

"Her majesty, wanted to have some cake without your knowing, your grace."

(Y/n) internally, sighed in relief. Nice save! She'll have to remind herself later to repay the maid's actions.