Chapter 14

~_~                                                           

Rafael's POV:

It was about eight o'clock when I woke up. I arrived around 10:30 last night and I went directly to the library to finish some work. The Canada project is a lot to take in but thanks God Mr. Hennison was behaving in the past days and did not bother me with his calls. I did lots of work and I went to bed at two o'clock in the morning.

I told Charles and his wife to bring the car and buy the stocks needed for lunch. I requested seafood and meat.

I went back to the library and check my mac. There are new emails coming. There's one from Mr. Greene. I knew that she's Ashley's father after she told me about her family and after some profiling done by Mr. Hennison.

That answers her being an expensive woman but not her being so simple. I wonder why she like being here living and acting simply. I must admit I like her being like that so much. No complications and no demands.

I read Mr. Greene's email. It was an invitation to have dinner with him and his family next week at their residence in Utah. I thought about it for a while but I can't. He's one of the few people that I'm gonna meet in Seattle next week but meeting him with his family is not yet on the plan.

I replied to his email and told him that I cannot make yet since the notice he sent is a bit late and I am done arranging my schedule for next week. I told him I will give him a ring in case I can make it.

I hit send and it goes away. I check other emails and mostly are for the Canada project. I look up when I heard soft knocks in the door. I know it's Mr. Jacob. I don't allow anybody on the 3rd floor except Mr. Jacob and Mariz when she clean the rooms and change my sheets and towels.

"That's open." I answer to his knock and he come inside.

"Time for you to prepare. They'll be here anytime soon. We're done with the food." He told me. He always do that, reminding me with everything coz he knows that I always forgot other things when I'm drown doing work.

"Thank you Mr. Jacob. I'll finish this last two emails then I'll be up. You're so ready huh? Seems really excited." I told him jokingly with a smile.

"I always am. Hurry boy. Don't be late. Our guests will be here." And he went out of the door.

It was around 11 am when I finished reading the emails and replying to it. I close my mac and took my phone with me to my room. I took a shower and change to a white linen shirt, faded denim pants and the slipper like the one I borrowed from Mr. Jacob. I was able to buy one for me.

I check myself on the mirror, I am ready.

I was going down when I heard chattering below. Maybe they're here already. I continued my steps when I feel my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I stop and took it out to check who's calling me. "Mr. Hennison! Whatta surprise." I hate calls like this but I have to take it because it means emergency.

"What is it?" I ask him as I continue to go down the stairs. I was on the second floor when I heard his answer. Now I'm totally pissed which made me want to punch the wall.

"What is she doing there? I told you not to allow her to be in the premise or even near it. Is that hard to take as an instruction?" I was already shouting at Mr. Hennison. I can't control my anger as I felt all my blood rushing to my head.

"Then find a way and give me an update. I'm gonna wait for your call in 15 minutes. Don't make me call you." And I turn off my phone. I exhale all the anger I felt talking to Mr. Hennison.