Chapter 7

***********************

Rafael's POV:

I feel a familiar sensation when I hold her hand. This is not going to be good. She let go of my hand and I know she's blushing.

No! Not so fast lady. I must find a way to hold her longer. An idea came to my mind.

I open my arms to her to get Stella which she understands. As she handed me Stella I whisper to her words that only she can hear. Our arms were brushing and the effect was the same.

She was shock and look away. Damn! Did I startle her? I have to check that she's not.

"Miss Ashley may I ask a request to you?" I asked her looking her in the eyes. Her eyes were soothing blue.

"Y-yes of course. Anything I can be of help Mr. Raf." She answered trying to calm herself. I can feel the tension she's in.

"Can you assist me in giving gifts to the kids? If yes let's start with this sweet little Stella." I didn't give her a chance to answer me and turn my attention to Stella. She was grinning when she heard that she's the first to be rewarded.

"I hope you'll like our present for you sweetie and hope this will help." I told her and I saw Charles carrying the new wheelchair I bought for her.

Stella's eyes were gleaming with joy when she saw her gift. She kissed me on both cheeks. I told her to kiss Ashley too but to my surprise she hug Ashley with her right arm while the left was on me dragging both of us closer. Our eyes meet - gray to blue. Her right hand landed on my chest and I can feel the thud in my chest with the feel of her hand as I inhale her sweet scent. She bit her lower lip.

Wrong move lady. You're inviting the devil to kiss and bite those luscious red lips. I have to hold on or else it will be a news that I kiss a woman in front of this need-parental-guidance kids.

I can see that she's shocked with what Stella did, same with me. I try to give her an assuring look that it's ok. She blushes and let Stella kiss her cheeks.

I decided to put down Stella on her new wheelchair. Her mom came over and hugged me and Ashley too. She was overjoyed and the joy it gave me was beyond explainable.

We continue giving the kids their present. Each one of them were given something useful. Though we were busy distributing gifts to the kids, I can't help to glance at Ashley who was enjoying the event. I saw her making hand signals with her friend. Whatever it is, that I don't know.

She's really beautiful. There's something in her that makes me nervous. Why is this happening? It can't be. I can't be.

I noticed that Charles and the other helpers accompany Ashley's friend Trixie towards her car. I was wondering why.

After a while I saw them went back inside the yard with boxes. I bet those were for the kids too. I look at Ashley, her eyes were gleaming with joy while talking to the kids who were grinning with happiness for their present.

She looked so relax now. I took a stolen shot from my DLSR. I took once, twice, thrice and took another whenever I got a chance when she's not looking.

I know it's wrong but something tells me to do it.

They opened the boxes and started to distribute the stuffs for the kids. They bought school supplies and something sweet for the kids.

The kids were happier when they receive another present. Each of them gave Ashley and Trixie a kiss.

"Lucky kids." I murmured as I watch Ashley. Damn! I can't get my eyes off her. What are you exactly doing to me lady?

"Yes. Very lucky indeed! Lucky to kiss her." Mr. Jacob whom I didn't notice was standing on my back and observing me closely.

I had given the floor to Ashley and her friend. I step back and stayed in the door area to give room to them and the kids. The smiles in their eyes were very soothing and her smiles were alluring.

"Yeah..yeah...and I'm lucky too coz they kissed me a while ago." I did some alibi.

"Well, she's genuinely beautiful Raf and seems that the kids were very fond of her. I won't be surprised if she will be requested by the kids every event we do. How's that?" He asked me with a grin.

"I don't mind at all as long as the kids are happy." The idea came over me. The possibility that she'll be here every event we do. I started to ponder. I'm not taking this seriously aren't I? Oh good heavens! I'm not ready for this feeling again.

I clenched my jaw. I close my eyes. No! Not again... I don't want to feel this again. This is not good... Really not a good idea.

I suddenly recalled the pain...the heartaches and the memory that I want to forget. I should not let her drag me to another agony again like before.

"Raf, they're done. I guess you should do the closing remarks now so that we can send the kids home. It's getting late now." I was awaken by Mr. Jacob's voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the kids sitting in their seats already.

She's there sitting with Stella and seems to get really fond of the child. I wonder if she'll do a good mother. I hope so!

"Can you do it for me Mr. Jacob?" I ask her. I usually do the closing remarks of the program.

"Okay I understand." He said then give me a pat on my shoulder twice before he move forward and grab the mic.

Mr. Jacob did an amazing remarks for the kids especially for the visitors. I focus on Ashley's face. She's overjoyed evident with the smile planted on her face since we started the program.

I hope she's for real and what I am seeing is for real. She's glorious when she wear that smile and her giggles when she's with kids were very carefree, seductive and contagious. I guess she was able to relax when she's already on her own. I wonder if I made her awkward and nervous.

The visitors left one by one and the kids were taken back by the bus together with their parents and guardians.

Stella made her very sweet goodbye to me. Her mom was pushing her wheelchair. At least it's really useful for them both.

When the bus left I decided to get inside the house. I felt relieved and wanna be in bed right now. I guess my head started to ache now.

I was about to turn my back to enter the house when a hand hold my left arm. I was stunned when I feel the tingling feeling run thru my arms to my whole body like voltage of electricity.

I turn back and face my intruder. Suddenly, a cold sweat run thru my spine. My heart beats fast and I feel like it was caught in my throat. I gasp for air to breathe and stay calm.

Damn! Why am I feeling all this? I should not let this feeling defeat me. I feel her hand let go of my arm. I look down to compose myself then look up again.

She's they're standing in front of me smiling shyly. Oh God! She's really beautiful especially when she smile.

I step backward once to focus myself. I have to fight the urge to hold her.

"Hi." I hear her said looking at me straight in the eye.

In an instant, all my defenses was gone. I can see myself failed right in front of this woman.

*********************

Hope you will enjoy the story. This is unedited so I would like to ask apology for my grammar and spelling.

Everything here is purely from my imaginations.

Please follow me on my twitter account " @mayella51puppy

Thanks for reading guys.