Chapter 6

********************

Ashley's POV:

It was an hour drive to the next town they called Roadridge. The streets were mostly dark. Few houses stood far apart from each other.

We passed by a well-lighted roundabout which actually makes it obvious that the place is starting to develop. The benches inside were new and the metal fence that surrounds it was obviously replaced with a new one that were painted white.

Trixie was my guide. She knows the place coz she's working in a small bank here which we passed by a while ago. We made a left turn a few meters from the roundabout and follow a dark uncemented road. It's dark again in this place. Trees embraced the road and shadowed us from the light of the smiling moon. The headlight of my car is our only hope for a better vision of the road.

After a few miles, I can see some light ahead. I let out a deep sigh as I realized that I'm kinda nervous of what awaits us on that casted light.

"We're almost there Ash. We can see the lights from here." I hear Trixie in the passenger seat beaming at me.

"Seems that it's the only house in this area. Seems that they wanted isolation or they really wanna isolate themselves from the many." My remarks.

"Maybe. I'm not sure though."

I continue my drive and we ended up on a tall open gate painted in green. The house was big. The owner must be wealthy to have a big house like this. I stop my car in front of the gate as I scanned the inside of it.

"This is it! We're here Trix." I said to Trixie who's eyeing inside the yard too like an eagle studying its prey.

There's a lot of people alredy and they were currently having dinner. A lot of children were there too. Yeah of course! This event's from them.

"Come on Ash let's get inside." I hear Trixie and started to open the door of the car and went out. I followed her as she slowly walk inside the gate.

The place was amazing. The garden on the left was beautifully landscaped and obviously well-taken cared of. Different flowering plants were there standing proudly with one another. The visitors occupy the center portion of the yard while a small playground was set on the right.

The people didn't notice us coming since they're focused on their food but an old man in white meet us as we head inside.

"Good evening ladies. Welcome to our event. I'm glad you came tonight. I am Jacob and you are...?"

"I'm Ashley and this is my bestfriend Trixie. Nice to meet you Mr. Jacob. Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope were not disturbing the event."

"Of course not. We're happy to see u both here. The kids will be delighted to know that they have new visitors." he exclaimed beaming at us. His eyes gleaming in delight.

"We brought something for the kids. Little bundles of joy. Hope it will make them happy too." I told Mr. Jacob.

"Oh that's very sweet of you ladies. I will let the helpers gather your stuff. Come inside so that you can have dinner with us." He invited and lead us to a 6-seater table in the front row were a little girl is eating with her mom.

The house was really big and manly. I'm sure his wife was able to take care of the garden very well.

"Hello Stella. How's your food sweetie?" I heard Mr. Jacob greeted the little girl whose eyes were gleaming in happiness.

"It's good Mr. Jacob." Her little voice speaks for her body. I noticed that she's a polio victim with the look of her legs.

"Well, that's very good. By the way Stella, this is Miss Ashley and Miss Trixie. They are our new visitors. What will you say to them?"