Chapter 4

***********************
Ashley's POV:

"Oh my God. Why did I slapped him? It's just mud. What's happening to me?" My words were full of regret as I realized what I did to the guy.

I know it's not right. He asked sorry but I was so mean with him. He didn't do anything wrong at all. I owe him an apology. That was shameful and very rude of me. I haven't slapped anybody since... I was stunned... Yes! Since three years ago.

I was silent on our way back at the house. Trixie didn't say a word too. I can see the shock in her face when she saw me slapping the guy.

I just burst out in anger when I saw him. I recalled something in the past. I felt the familiar feeling and I hated it. It's been 3 years and I still can't forget what he did to me.

I pity the guy but I can see someone in his persona. Tall, dark and handsome. I did not slap him for the muddy encounter but because he reminded me of someone I don't wanna remember.

This is unfair but I was not able to control myself. And to think he's just a driver.

"Hey! You okay?" I heard Trixie asked me as we walk down the road.

"I'm just fine Trix. I just got out of control. I have to ask sorry to him. He did nothing wrong right?" I felt sorry for the guy. I feel guilty right now.

"I understand you Ash. He reminded you of the past. The past you wanna forget." I look at Trixie in the eyes and I look away. I don't want her to see I'm still hurting.

"I thought I'd moved on. After all the hatred I felt before I hated men. Hated for their being. Thinking that they're all the same." I stopped and feel the tears coming down my cheeks.

"Ssshhh! That's enough. You have to Let go of the past Ash. It won't do good to you." She's trying to calm me down but what if she's wrong? What if I won't get over it and it will keep on haunting me.

"I hope I will be Trix. I need some diversion. I really need something to focus to. My work do good effects. I forgot the heartaches for a while but it's here again."

"You're right. You need something to divert your attention. How about coming to a charity work?" I got confused. Charity work? How? Where?

"I would love to try but how and where?" I wonder. I don't see any charity institution in Hillstown.

"There's a big house built in the nearby town about 3 years ago and every summer they do charity works for the kids in that town. Maybe we can ask to help. They welcome other people who wants to help in their event."

"That sounds good. At least we can help and do a good cause." I agreed. I love kids anyway.

"Then let's go there tonight? I know the place."

"Okay and let's buy something for the kids too. I guess we should." I reminded Trixie.

"Yes we will so come on let's hurry home. We need to change dresss so that we can go back to the Centro. And please we will take your car coz I don't want this to happen again."

"Yes madame. I hope we'll see him again so that I can ask sorry. He seemed a good man though he's just a driver."

"Well, he's not just a good man. He's adorable and handsome. Don't deny it." Trixie giggles thinking of the guy driver.

"Yes he is and I hope he's really a good man. I want to believe that not all men are the same."

"You like him Ash? Oh my.." I was stunned in Trixie's words. What's in him to like? I am not after the good looks.

"What made you say that? Of course not! Besides, I don't even know him and I can't like him. He's a big reminder of the past Trix. He's a number one hard limit for me." Yeah that's right. I am on the rigt track with what I said. I can't like someone who will remind me of my pain.

"Well, it's okay. After all, you will heal in time and you'll be ready to love again Ash. We'll see that one day." She hugged me tight and it made me smile.

"You're always buying my dramas in life Trix. Anyway, thank you for being my crying shoulder. I owe you bigtime girl."

She released me and give me a wide grin.

"I'm happy that you are fine and coping."

"Yes I am and it's because a lot of you love me so much. That's what it takes for me to be fine."

"Are we going to continue the drama or head home?" She asked me with funny face.

"Okay let's go home. Nana will be surprise to see us for sure."

We head home and my feeling lighten up. I know I should forget everything in the past. I was insane to fall in love with that bastard.

Nana was really surprised to see us back earlier than expected. But she was more surprise when she saw us in mud. She was not able to control herself from grinning on how we look. We told her what happen and told us to have a shower.

After shower we change clothes and went back to the Centro. This time we use my car. I put a disco music on my ipod which is connected on the built in sound system of the R8. It made Trixie sing and dance in the passenger seat.

["On the Floor" by Jennifer Lopez was playing on the background]

I grin while watching her dance in her seat. She do some grinding even if she's sitting down. She doesn't care how she looks. I am glad she's with me. She never fail to entertain me.

She stopped her crazy dance when I stop the car in front of the grocery store. We bought stuffs for kids especially chocolates. She put a lot of stuff in the basket. We agreed to give bundles of joy for the kids. Something sweet and useful. After checking if we got all we planned to have we paid it in the counter and went back home.

Suddenly I feel the excitement of the coming event. I know this is what I needed. A diversion.

We had lunch when we arrive home. Nana made a chicken curry and buffalo chicken wings for our lunch. I miss this cooking. All my apetite were on the go. I was really full when we finished eating. That's an awesome lunch to start with and I can't wait for more in the coming days as I stay here with them.

I voluntered to wash the dishes after lunch but Trixie helped me do it. She always do that everytime I offer a hand to do some chores around their house. I get used to her. I even get used to her being childish sometimes.

After the dishes was done, we started packing our bundles of joy.

I get more excited. I can't explain but I felt really good. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though it's the first time we'll join this event here. I joined a reach out program with my mom's charity but I was late at that time. I was hooked up with a commitment which I didn't expect to take long with mostly discussions on a new project

I did a lot of explaining with my mom since she expected me to be there in the opening remarks. I honestly regret being late at that time coz I was not able to see my brother Carlson did his dance number. I'm sure he's great on the stage.

I swear I wouldn't miss it the next time. And now I swear I won't be late with the eveñt tonight. Another wave of excitement rose inside me.

***********************
This is unedited guys so please bear with me on my spelling and grammatical errors.

Your ideas for the story is very much welcome. I want you to participate in the continuation of the story. Contribute an idea and I'll do it. Pics for cover photo of the story is appreciated and will be credited.

Thank you guys and hope you enjoy and continue to read my story.

Ps follow me on my twitter account;@mayella51puppy