Chapter 5

***********************
Rafael's POV:

The sun sets and we are prepared for the coming visitors. I saw a few already came in the open gate. I was excited for this night. This is our third event and I am hoping for more attendees than the last two years.

I can see that Mr. Jacob is happy with what he's seeing right now. Visitors slowly fill in the big open yard.

"It seems that we have new visitors for tonight Raf. It means more fun for everyone." Mr. Jacob standing right beside me.

"Yes indeed. I know this will be a great night for all of us especially for them." I told him. I can't stop admiring the view of people coming inside.

"You better get dress now. A lot of visitors are coming. Charles, Mariz and Karina will serve dinner any moment. You can relax now, everything was settled and you have nothing to worry about."

But I don't feel like taking my eyes off the yard. I can't explain but I feel like I should not leave.

"I'm good Mr. Jacob. I feel comfortable with my jeans and shirt and your slippers is good. Maybe I should buy one for me."

"Those are from the market. I can buy you one tomorrow if you want."

"No. I can manage. I planned to go to the market tomorrow." A hope rose in my mind.

"You're hoping to see her again don't you? Well, I can't blame you, after a long time you need someone to enjoy life with."

Damn! How did Mr. Jacob knows what I am thinking? Can he read it in my face? Am I too obvious?

"No! I don't think of that. I know she's not from this place. She's new here. I saw her friend in the Centro more than twice maybe but not her. Besides I don't have plans of having a woman again in my life. That's disturbing with my work." I made myself believe what I said.

Mr. Jacob did not insist on the topic. He knows my stand about it. I don't want to confuse myself with unwelcome feelings.

I saw the bus coming and entered the gate. The town mayor of Roadridge lend us the bus as a support of this event. I got excited when it came in. My special guests are already here. They came down the bus one by one in what I thought was the best dress they have.

I miss seeing them and hearing their giggles. I was delighted when I saw the children slowly fill in the yard. They've been growing fast over the year.

I can remember how they were so happy with the last year's event. Seeing this little angels made me fine. They means hope... Great hope not only for me but for the world.

Mr. Jacob was the one who started this event 2 years ago. He always told me that helping this kids is like helping myself.

Yeah! I understand what he mean, I've been like this kids for the past years. I was ruined, hopeless and shattered into pieces. I can't imagine my life without Mr. Jacob. He was the one who supported me during my fall. He never left me and lend me a hand while I learn to stand and continue my life.

He no longer have a family. His wife died 5 years ago in a car accident. They got no child maybe that's why he really got fond of me. He was like a father to me. I saved him from his longings for a child and family.

He is the only person who beleived in me when eveybody turned their back on me even my family.

But despite that, I always think of my only family being left. I always thought how are they right now. Were they happy now that I am gone? I feel the pain again thinking of them. Thinking of my stupidity that took my family away from me.