As if on cue, their giggles and two sets of heavy footsteps descend down the stairs.

Asher was carrying the children like bags.

I don't know why or how he thought to carry them under his armpit but, you know, Asher is Asher.

"Incoming." He shouts, bursting in through the door and making airplane sounds as he gently throws the kids onto the couch beside me.

They both giggle and then their laughs die down as they look at Valentina. "Ilaria and Matteo, this is nonna Valentina." I bring them closer to me.

Roman walks in straight after with his hair damp.

Asher quickly runs beside Romeo and uses him as protection as Romans jaw clenched and he sat down on the armchair. "I'm gonna kill you, Reid."

"Why? It was the kids-"

"You instigated it-"

"I merely fulfilled their fantasy's-"

"Ahem." Ilaria clears her throat loudly, waiting for them to stop arguing.

"Sorry, darling." Asher kisses her head.

"Say something." She blinks sassily.

Asher knows what she was hinting at but decided to play it off. "Say what?"

"It's my day today." She looked offended.

"It's only the fourth of July, american independence day. Want me to sing the national anthem-"

"Papa!" She frowns.

He stands up, clearing his throat and putting his hand on his heart, "O say can you-"

She stands on the couch and slaps her hand over his mouth. "No!"

"Your kids don't like America, love." Roman smiles.

"Papa." She frowns at Roman. "Special day today."

Matteo tries whispering that it's their birthday but Roman decided to act oblivious too.

She lets out a squeal of annoyance and plops right into my lap, sitting on top of Romeo which makes him move out of the way. "Mommy, get rid of them."

"I can't do that." I kiss her head. "Happy birthday, precious."

She smiles, grabbing each of her brothers hands. "Papas... breakfast."

"On it, darling." Asher messes her hair, Romeo and Matteo's too.

"Say it." Matteo frowns.

"Happy birthday, kiddo's." He winks, walking out of the room.

Valentina smile was contagious, "Oh they're so cute."

"They are." Luca stands up.

"Put pants on." Matteo says to him with a cheeky grin.

"I am, Matty." Luca pinches his chubby cheeks, walking out too.

"What did you do to papa?" I ask them, point at Roman.

"Nothing." Ilaria sings.

"I don't believe you." I tickle her.

"Nonna save me." She reaches for Valentina and as if she had always been around, Valentina gets up and starts playing with Ilaria.

Then Luca walks back in and Matteo said he wants to help cook so they head off in the kitchen and Romeo stayed beside me.

"Wanna go feed the ducks?" Roman asks.

Romeo shakes his head no, closing his eyes and resting his head on my shoulder.