After we were nice and full from the brunch, we left the Cafe, but not before I received my free dessert of course. On the way to the mall, I threw back some of the Hennessey that lived in Maya's car. The mimosas that we had were cute, but I needed something stronger. This photoshoot was going to be an experience that dragged me completely out of my comfort zone. The outfit I planned to take pictures in was going to be more of a lingerie type of fit.

This was something I chose to do not only because I was feeling myself due to me turning twenty one, but also because I was currently on a self love journey and embracing my body was a part of that. Since I've been taking therapy it's made me realize things about myself that I wasn't aware of before. And if I loved myself as much as I claimed, then how could I allow someone to hurt me in such a terrible way for as long as I did? Something was clearly broken and I was determined to do whatever it takes to repair myself.

"You gotta show out for this photoshoot." Morgan said as we stepped inside of the Victoria's Secret store. We weren't in the store for no more than five minutes before she called herself finding the perfect ensemble for me. She held up a black lace bodysuit that was backless along with a silk black robe. "This would look sexy as hell on you."

"I like it, but I want something red." I told her as I grabbed the bodysuit from her to get a better look at it.

"Essence, you gotta get this one. This is for the big dawgs." Maya said, approaching us from the other side of the store. She separated from us when we walked in because she claimed she was determined to find something for me. "You said you wanted grown and sexy, well this is the epitome of grown and sexy."

"Girl what the hell kind of photoshoot do you think this is?" I asked Maya as I grabbed the crotchless lingerie set out of her hands.

"A grown and sexy one." She responded in a duh tone. "If you don't want it, I'm damn sure buying it. I'll put it to use."

"The whole pussy out." Morgan laughed.

"You can go ahead and buy it because I'm not about to stand in front of this photographer with my vagina blowing in the wind."

"What about this?" Morgan asked, picking up another set, this time it was a two piece with red lace. It was more up my alley than the other two that they showed me, but I still wanted something slightly different. I could tell I was going to be in this store longer than I thought. The girls were acting like kids in a candy store, shoving lingerie in my face every two seconds. It took me a while to pick one, but I finally decided on a sexy red lace bodysuit that had the stomach cut out and a silk red robe. And Maya made sure she didn't leave without buying the crotchless set that she had her eyes on.

"Okay. Let's hurry up and find us an outfit for tonight cause your shoot is in less than two hours." Morgan said as we maneuvered through the mall.

"Are y'all going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope." They both replied at the same time, popping the 'p'.

"Well, how am I supposed to know what kind of outfit to buy?"

"We'll guide you in the right direction." Morgan stated, linking her arm with mine.

"It's my best friend's twenty-first birthday today." Maya told this random old man as we walked past him. He was sitting on a bench by himself.

"I'll be twenty one for y'all." He replied in a flirty tone. His voice sounded as if he smoked a pack of cigarettes a day.

"Is that right? I believe you, you don't look a day over thirty." Maya lied, flirting back with him. I swear we couldn't take her anywhere.

Eventually we all got everything we needed with just enough time to make it to the shoot without being late. My anxiety didn't fully kick in until I was standing in front of the mirror in the dressing room. My eyes traveled my body from head to toe as I stood there with the lingerie on. Even though my nerves were on a thousand, I couldn't deny how good I looked at that moment. I turned to the side so I could see how my ass looked and I was proud to say that it was definitely poking a little bit. Once it was time to start, I poked my head out the door, seeing the girls talking with Lucas the photographer and crept out in front of the white backdrop.

"Girl why are you creeping?" Morgan was the first one to notice me. "Baby the body is bodying, okay!"

"Best friend you's a bad bitch." Maya cheesed. The two of them hyped me up the whole time I was taking my pictures and it honestly helped me to feel a lot more comfortable. I was able to loosen up after a while and really get into it. I was trying to get my Naomi Campbell on with the model poses and I was trying to give face, but it was hard to do because they kept making me laugh. When it was all said and done, I was incredibly satisfied with the way the pictures turned out. They looked even better than I thought they would, I almost couldn't believe that I was looking at myself. If I wasn't feeling myself before, I was definitely feeling myself now.