Chapter 23

"Why aren't you with them?"

She sniffled. "I came back for my dolly, and I got lost." She said as she showed me the doll in her hands.

"Shhhh it's ok. I will try to help you get back to your family, ok?"

She smiled through her tears and nodded.

(DPOV)

The three of us watched as Roza moya walked over to the staircase and knelt on the floor. (my)

Abe quietly asked me, "what's going on?"

"She must see someone that we can't. Remember, Roza can see ghosts. And since she's kneeling in the floor, I would be willing to bet that it is a child's spirit."

Ivanna's head turned to me, "really?"

"Yes. She died and was brought back to life by the use of spirit magic which makes her shadow kissed. And being shadow kissed she can see ghosts."

I could tell by the look on her face that Ivanna was stunned.

"Roza, is there anything that I can do to help lyubov' moya?" (my love)

"Did you know the moroi family that used to live here?"

"No mladenets, I'm sorry I didn't. This house wasn't even here the last time that I was home." (babe)

"I... I did." Ivanna offered.

"Can you tell me what happened to them?"

"A few years ago, there was a train crash a few miles from here. Part of the train derailed, and it killed everyone on board. The Mykolaiv family were just one of the families that were killed."

"Did the Mykolaiv family have a little girl named Olivia?"

"Yes." Ivanna looked astonished.

"Well, this..." Roza pointed to the empty air next to her.

"... is her best friend Sasha. She said that after she died, she went back for her doll and got separated from her family."

"Oh Sasha, I am so sorry honey." Ivanna cried.

Roza turned to look at what I guess was Sasha and smiled.

"Ok, I'll tell her." Roza turned to look at Ivanna.

"She said to tell you that it's ok she understands. She said that she tried to get your attention, as well as anyone else that came here, but she was unable to."

"Was she the one slamming the doors?"

Sasha must have said something because Roza smiled and then laughed.

"The doors, the cabinets, turning the lights and water on and off, banging the pots and pans and flushing the toilet."

Ivanna gave an understanding smile and nod of her head.

Roza turned back to Sasha for a moment. "Ok, I promise that I will let her know."

Roza turned back to us. "Ivanna, Sasha said that she is sorry if she scared you."

"It is quite all right dear. That just kept people who shouldn't be here and couldn't help you from moving in. Now you have Rose who can help you."

Sasha must have said something funny because Roza moya laughed. (my)

Roza looked at me. "I am going to try to get her some help to get back to her family."