Chapter 42: Allegiance

The planet picked was Daltarra. There were hints to a force-sensitive person there, along with the rebels. Vader was never keen on taking on anyone that wouldn't be loyal to the empire, and the probability that they would be slaughtered on sight was extraordinarily high. Being his loyal dog had it's duties, and that included having yet another alias to go by. Korbec Stas, or just Stas was my new name that I'd conjured up and let float after me post attack on planets I'd visited. It had festered and sailed from mouth to mouth, and was probably a murmur at our up and coming destination.

Glancing over at N6, I made my way towards the ladder to venture back up to my room to prep before arrival. "Make sure those laser cannons are full and properly functional. I don't want any mistakes down there."

"Yes, Captain."

Entering my quarters on Vader's Star Destroyer, I changed into my Empire gear. It was a mix of my old outfit and new, along with Sen's lightsaber, as well as my white one. My arm with the empirical scar was exposed, the over covered down to my knuckles. It was a clear message to all for whom I worked. The only way to get rid of such a mark would be to burn it off, or chop off my arm, neither of which sounded captivating.

An alert sounded throughout the ship, telling me we were approaching the destination. Making way back down to the Tyrant, the last of the TIE-fighters, and my ship were getting ready to exit the hangar as soon as we dropped out of hyperspace right above the atmosphere. N6 was nowhere in sight, allowing me to enter and put up the boarding doors knowing that she was in the cock-pit. Sitting next to her, I began firing up the engines, checking with the TIE-fighter pilots over the comms to make sure they could hear me when I was ready to give out the order.

The hangar door alarm beeped as it opened, the first tell that we had reached out destination. I made sure that the coordinates I had were spot on for the place the rebels were residing. Given the location on the planet, we would be attacking during broad daylight. It wasn't unusual to do so, but it wasn't very convenient.

As soon as it was open enough, I raised the Tyrant and set out for the surface, at least a three TIE-fighters flying out after me. The town was small, so there wasn't much need for anything excessive. N6 was an excellent co-pilot, and it did come in handy. We entered the atmosphere, heading straight for the base at increasing speed. The town was located on the flat terrain at the base of a mountain ledge, light dirt roads throughout made it easy to spot.

"Light it up." I ordered through communications. Using their lasers, and my blasters, we began making runs back and forth, each hit picking up dirt, building debris, and broken machinery.

"Stas, we have rebel ships up in the air."

"Take care of them-"

Static erupted in my ear piece, I quickly switched it to the remaining open line and looked out to see one of my ships falling in pieces towards the ground. The ship that had downed it sped off towards another nearby, and I spun my ship around, followed, and shot it out of the sky before going down above the town for another run. I let loose another round of laser fire and hit nearby buildings and the ship as I flew over. Settling down on the other side of town I de-boarded as I placed my mask on, using the force to reach out and detect where the force sensitive resided.

"Ensix, scan the area and give me a heads up. I really don't want to deal with surprises today."

There was a beep. I knew that she had switched to a private line.

"Yes, Captain. You saw the Mantis right?"

My eyes trained in that direction for a mere moment before going back to searching for the person of interest. "I did. They must have figured out what's going on." It had been sitting on the edge of town, now riddled with holes and probably unflyable due to a busted rear engine; courtesy of my own lasers.