CHAPTER 57 - Night Changes

️🎶
I know it's not gon' be easy
Maybe it's not so bad
We will be making new memories
I won't let you go
Just take your time

I know someday
Love will find its way
At the right time and right place
I hope by that time you're okay, oh
Baby, it's okay
If you feel this way
If colors have turned into gray
Baby, I still believe
That love will find its way
🎶

APOLLO'S POV

It's pouring outside. My motorcycle's engine died, and I was about to seek shelter when I noticed Jennie drenched from the rain. Her white dress is almost see-through. I approached her right away, removing my jacket and wrapping it around her body.

 I approached her right away, removing my jacket and wrapping it around her body

Apollo: (serious tone of voice) It's already 8 p.m. Why are you still here?

Jennie: I just finished some assignments at the library and didn't realize it was already late.

Apollo: Look at your clothes, they're almost see-through. You may keep my jacket. You might get sick.

Jennie: How about you? Why are you still here?

Apollo: I just finished something, and my motorcycle engine abruptly stopped.

Jennie: I need to contact Eian.

When she mentioned the name Eian, my heart ached. I'm standing right in front of her, but her attention is someone else. When Jennie spotted a phone booth, she dashed inside to call Eian. I went inside the phone booth with her.

We're staring at each other. Our bodies are almost touching in this small space. I grabbed Jennie's phone and put it down before she could call Eian.

 I grabbed Jennie's phone and put it down before she could call Eian

My heartbeat race. I know when I am unable to control my emotions. I could smell Jennie's shampoo on her hair and her chest was almost touching mine, so I knew she was nervous.

Apollo: (husky tone of voice) I'm the one standing in front of you; why are you looking for someone else?

Jennie: (she said nervously) Professor?