25 - The Ruined Dream

25 – The Ruined Dream

With hundreds of armies deployed on either kingdoms' borders, Crimoire remained stationary. The twin emperors stood beside one another, looking towards the stationed enemies who were baring the rose symbol on their armors. 'A benevolent King chooses the life of his people over his own. And you will become one yourself, you and your younger brother.' Zion recalled as he heaved a breath, looking behind him to see the TAPOPS members preparing for the heavy battle they will face. "Gather around." Ether Boboiboy called as they surrounded the large map of the entire land of Extrom. "As we've been told by my younger brother, Lostvayne members left from before will be a priority. It may be difficult knowing that their capabilities exceed normal powers and spells so do take it with caution." Zion stated as he looked towards Marcus who remained calm as he watched the battle planning go through.

When a loud roar was heard, Yaya and Ying immediately knew the owner of the monstrous call. "It's her isn't it?" Yaya asked with concern, moving out to see a large dragon looming over the Crimoire Army. "Her shape-shifting capabilities are something to praise. It makes me interested to see her weep." Ether Fang said as his rift-self felt intimidated by his scary words. "In anycase, those of our allies left in Crimoire are mostly deployed to attack offensively. Waibi will most-likely go and attempt to shoot us whist Tokki will attempt to assassinate us when we aren't focused." Marcus said as he moved to the map. "I suggest dividing units to ensure that we can make them remember their past before their death---and before their life as a Lostvayne member." Ying said as Yurika nodded to her request, moving off as Zion and Jason attempted to create a group division for the battle.

The battle begun as multiple guards moved towards the Crimoire members, fighting back as some were able to remove others from the battle altogether. Ying rushed off as she was beside Yurika, Yasmina and Gopal. They were moving away when suddenly an unearthly gush of wind appeared, making them slight pushed back with their shoes digging the ground. "It's Waibi the Archer. Look around and stay alert!" Ether Fang stated as he was soon beside them. Ying's slightly squinted eyes made her focus for a moment to see a slight gleam of light. 'An arrow?!' She thought as she stood in formal stance. "Time Slow-mo!" Ying yelled as soon multiple arrows from the sky rained towards them, barely slowing down due to their original speed being quicker than most arrows. "Spatial Wisp: Area Disperse!" Yasmina voiced as she used her powers to make the arrows break into bits. "How interesting, Space and Time." A voice said as they turned back to see Waibi with a smirk as his back was circled by arrows ready to be shot.

Karren and Jason remained back near the border as they carefully chanted a spell, the two admirals and twins holding their hands to one another, their eyes shut as ancient marks appeared by their feet. "Chatterer: Eye of the Wind." "The Knight: Midnight Augur." They chanted as soon the four males opened their eyes to see a dark area. Boboiboy looked around to see that there wasn't any view of the sky and no figure present in the space. "Are they sure this is right?" Fang asked as he cautiously moved around while Zion nodded from his question. Soon, Ether Boboiboy moved along to see a figure with cyan hair. "That's—" "Tarung." Boboiboy voiced as he finished Ether Boboiboy's words as they carefully moved towards him when suddenly the room changed. The black abyss holding them from before changed to a royal throne room, looking slightly dark as Ether Tarung remained knelt. Previously, Ether Tarung was fighting outside his mind, bathed in the blood of his enemy when in reality he was held under someone else.

"What a marvelous welcome to you."

As a few daggers and arrows were shot out the rooms' crevices, the four managed to dodge and turn back to see a muscular male with skulls present on his fur-vest. He wore a wicked smile as Boboiboy turned back to see Ether Tarung---shocked to see that he wasn't alive anymore with the front of his body pierced in with knives. "What have you done!?" Ether Boboiboy asked as he transformed to his Quake element, making the male chuckle. "If I allow something like what your brother did—this useless body will be taken back. Again." The male voiced with a fearful tone, but the four remained calm. "What more is a useless body when the mind is already weakened? It's called help. I aided him to a better life—in death." He added while lifting his hand and flames appearing. "So, you are Retak'ka?" Zion asked as the male smirked before his devious orange eyes gleamed at them. Before they could anticipate it, Retak'ka summoned numerous monsters out from his stone floors, cracking out. "And even if you knew it... you might not live to tell its tale anyway." Retak'ka voiced as he pointed to them, gesturing for the monsters to attack.