05 - Secrets of Grandmaster

05 – Secrets of Grandmaster

With the group alarmed to an extent, Ether Boboiboy looked back towards Ether Fang. "When did it happen?" Ether Boboiboy asked as the king turned towards him with intimidating eyes, seeing his genuine concern. Ether Fang sighed before lightly pulling out his coat, showing his blood-soaked clothing. "I was... too late." Ether Fang voiced as he recalled how Zola threatened him to retreat, marking a certain portion of Maruterra to be given to Crimoire. "Kei will most-likely be fine, but we must retrieve him at all cost." Marcus said as he stood beside a curious-looking Yaya.

"And what a sight I must see."

A low gruff voice made the groups turn back, seeing a tall horned male once again, but Boboiboy was wide eyed

A low gruff voice made the groups turn back, seeing a tall horned male once again, but Boboiboy was wide eyed. "T-Tok Aba!?" He voiced, shocked to see his own grandfather having a new look in the latter rift. "Grandmaster." As the Ethers knelt down, the older man heaved a breath, making them stand up. "I have heard of the trouble Crimoire has created... You must be worried, King Fang." Aba stated as Ether Fang pressed his lips together, nodding as the older male sighed, turning to Boboiboy's group. "I presume you are my grandson's rift equivalent." "Grandmaster. Grandfather—with all due respect—you have yet to explain why you have suddenly returned to our home." Zion stated as the older turned towards him, a serious expression plastered on his face.

"I have received word from Oliver... That there had been an incident of abduction—with this group's ally and Prince Kei of Maruterra." Aba said as the twins hummed in response, making him sigh. "You must retrieve him... at all cost." He added, making the group more concerned and fearful of the upcoming fight. "Grandmaster—" "Let me, Marcus." Aba said as Marcus couldn't help but show a strict expression as he held his sword's handle. "A year before Boboiboy—my grandson's birth—an outbreak happened that led to all of us to gain the appearance of demonic beings... This large catastrophe—was caused by the love of my life." Aba said as they were all wide eyed, making Zion look at the man with an unreadable expression. "She had wished to become powerful... to rule the world and make do of the bad... but her ideology was wrong." Aba added as Ether Boboiboy lightly looked down, his heart stung by the words.

"This very curse... also took her life... I grew to regret it with my whole life... but I had to move on."

As Aba soon lifted his cane, tapping it twice to show a mist above them. "But her death created more disharmony... and this abduction reminded me of that day..." Aba said as they all felt his voice start to crack, but his face only hardened. "You must save that boy... and your friend... this is an order." Aba said as they all hummed in agreement, moving along to prepare as the twins looked at their grandfather before moving along. 'I'm sorry my grandsons... but it was the truth.' He thought as he looked towards Allen and Marcus, nodding as they immediately knew what he meant.

With the group heading towards the main borders of Ether-Maru, they were silent whilst taking glimpses outside. Boboiboy and Yaya were sat beside one another as they were transported by carriage, recalling the moments before their departure. Zion and Ether Boboiboy both stiffen and emotionless as they explained their plans to Gopal, leaving Ether Fang alone to think about how he'd explain the situation to the rest of the knights. "Boboiboy..." Yaya called as the male turned towards her, seeing her concerned expression. "Do you perhaps... remember Zion's fight before...? When he went to our rift to steal it?" Yaya asked, their hands tightening as the male nodded. "Their horns also proved to be a discussion... but they said it was from a monstrous curse... Grandmaster Aba must've meant his words..." Fang said as the rest didn't know how to express their emotion towards the twins after such a painful discovery.

"Life is hard. Put a brave front even when you are weak, so that your enemies will never know what to expect."

As Ether Gopal voiced, they all turned towards him who was silently massaging his wrist. "Those words where the words of Emperor Boboiboy. Every fight I go into... I carry it into my mind that it will be my last... one battle had me plunge a dagger... into my own friend." Ether Gopal said as the group gave him a pitiful look. "That monstrous curse has given many people pain... but the most pained of them all, would be Emperor Boboiboy and Warlord Zion... as their memories are fogged from that day." He added as they were wide-eyed, making Ether Fang lean back, recalling the moment the curse happened. "This is a long standing fight... and whoever can act faster... will decide who wins and losses." Ether Fang said as they all saw the determination in his eyes. "We've arrived!" Ether Boboiboy stated as they soon piled out the carriage.

"We are at the border of Crimoire and Extrom. This will be a rough road to retrieving the Prince and the robot, but we must make sure to quicken our pace." Zion said as he looked at them with a strict look like he usual showed. "The land steals mortality of outsiders, I ask that you keep that in mind and prepare to return back to the palace once we have saved the two." Ether Fang said as they all hummed in response, preparing themselves before getting in. "Zion." As the Warlord turned to Boboiboy, he saw the male's strict gaze. "You need to help us reach them... there's something wrong with their plan..." Boboiboy said as he felt discomforted as his other self nodded, pulling out a large sword. "We may have aid on the other end, but Rylan will most-likely be guarding them, be careful." Ether Gopal said as he made sure everyone was in place.

"Rylan is among the strongest forefronts of Crimoire, not simply his raw strengths... but because he was once the knight to Boboiboy's family." Fang stated as Ether Boboiboy nodded, slightly disappointed that a close ally had turned over. "He specializes in seismic capacities... in other words—Ms. Yaya will most-likely be the only person to keep up with him." Zion said as the woman nodded, preparing herself for the most dangerous hostage situation she's ever done. "We go in three—" They all turned to the lands. "Two... one!"