09 - The Queen

09 – The Queen

As the smaller group got transported to the Ether-Maru lands, the shadow grasp had finally fallen off they were in the throne room of the twins, hearing some gasps behind them. They turned to see an unfamiliar woman and two female twins. Ether Gopal fell to his knees as the woman walked over to them. "H-Her Majesty... I had—" "Be silent, General." The woman said as she held Gopal's shoulder, seeing his eyes slightly pale than his usual color, still shivering as the woman felt concerned. "What happened, Sir General?" One of the female's asked, her spear disappearing into dust. "T-There's a situation at the borders... Ms. Yurika had managed to help us out." Ether Gopal said as Yurika, Ying's rift-self, lightly bowed to the woman.

"This can wait, aid this man to a room for rest. General, you are to give me the situation."

As the woman gave orders, the twin females were about to move towards Gopal when Ying moved beside him, skeptical as she isn't aware of who they were. The two were justifiably shocked to see Yurika's face on another face. "Oh my, you are... Knight Yurika?" The other female stated as her hood slightly moved back, Ying mirroring their shock. "I assure you, although we have yet to meet, we mean no harm. Please let us help you." The first female Yaya, one with long hair, stated as she wanted to calm down the distraught in Ying's face. No choice with the situation, Ying allowed for Gopal to be taken away with Fang as she stood beside Ether Gopal. "First comes introduction. Who are you?" The woman asked with a slightly strict tone, making Ying hold her hands over each other. "I'm sorry for the disruption we---no I am among those who transferred over the rift. I'm not intending to cause trouble, I'm Ying Yinan, miss." Ying said as Yurika looked towards her with curiosity.

"I see... seeing as how calm you are, you must've seen the previous attempt of my son." She stated as Ying nodded, knowing that she meant Zion's previous attack, but soon something in the sentence caught her off guard. 'Son... is she perhaps.' "And by the look on your porcelain face. It seems you've caught on." She added, making Ying look at her with surprise. "I'm former queen, current Queen Dowager, Belle Arthadel." Belle said as Ying gave a quick bow, making her nod. "Now, please inform me, what is going on to have caused the man to be hexed." Belle asked, making the two look at her with serious expressions. "Her majesty, it was an accidental injury. He is immobile after helping his friend. The situation at the borders are less than ideal." Ether Gopal said with a formal and calm tone, slightly surprising Ying. "He is right, her majesty. Due to a wide-spread frost caused by Articio, the battle-field is completely under Hex-Demon Tarung. King Fang and the Twin Emperors have stayed back to figure out a solution." Yurika said as Belle sighed, feeling a strange twinge in her body.

"Has a barrier been put up?" "Yes, madame." "Then, we have not much time, follow me." She said as she walked off the throne room, pulling her dress to walk faster. Upon entering a few halls, they were led to a large door with butterflies and flowers. Belle closed her eyes and clasped her hands, her body setting off an aura as the door's markings were revealed, soon switching to a white color before opening. "What is this, your majesty?" Yurika asked as she stood beside Ying. "The library belonging to my mother-in-law." Belle stated as they entered, seeing a beautiful garden combined with a library, looking ethereal and healing. "Make no mistake in touching the flowers. They are combined with hex spells." Belle warned, making them steer clear of the flowers.

As they moved along towards another room, they soon saw a large totem on the middle of the room, light from the ceiling showing its markings. "What is the reason we're here, ma'am?" Ying asked as she saw nothing special in the room. "Finding a way to save the kingdom. With the moon crystal out of our mists, we must make sure they cannot harm the people." Belle said as she lifted her hands to her sides, her fingers spreading open while glimmering with white light. "Maestra lucio." Belle uttered, the books floating out the shelves, similar to the way Tim had attack before, but this time the pages were flipped open, words driven out into the air. Yurika and Ying looked up, reading some of the words as they soon realize what she was looking for. "Her majesty, are you perhaps—" "Yes. Fang cannot possible survive an ancient barrier's power. I've located a spell in retrieval magic before—it can help him before his body is lost." Belle said as her eyes were turning white, but soon her searching made her see something.

'The Tail of Rever... that book wasn't supposed to be here...'

As Belle's eyes read a few words from the book, her mind went fuzzy and pained. Not long, she soon saw herself on the floor of the throne room, looking towards the single throne which no one occupied. 'Beloved... what happened... why must you go there... and lose yourself?" She thought with painful eyes, recalling the very memory of the day her husband left for battle. Hearing cries as horns started to grow out of their heads, the land of Extrom grew to change while she had no choice but to carry the grief. The painfulness given by her next lost became too great, leading her to beg her father to erase a few of her memories. 'Father... let me live... and make me forget. The lost of my husband... then my own child... please make me forget those moments... and live in ignorance.' Belle recalled her words, making her tear up.

'Mother... what has gotten to you?' She heard, making her alarmed, but realized that it was her memories coming back, unable to comprehend it all at once, Belle was seemingly pulled back. Opening her eyes, she saw Yurika and Ying beside her. Looking to the side, Ether Gopal stood with a book in hand, making her slightly tear up. "Her Majesty. I took necessary precautions, forgive me for stepping in." A familiar voice said as they turned to see a green haired male, closing his umbrella. "Forgive my imprudence." "I see you've returned as well, Elixir." Ether Gopal said as Elixir gave a smile.

=V=

Author: I'm nearly finished with the chapter proofreads! It will happen by next week! P.S. Super Junior's Coming Back so I have to be a fan-girl again. MANGO~

Teaser 1: