19 - The Life of a Child

19 – The Life of a Child

As Adam had stopped hiding, he shot one of the guards, alerting those in the room as Zola and Rylan were looked at him with gritted teeth. "Tim!" "On it, sir!" Tim stated as he walked out the room, shutting it off as guards rushed into the hall, immediately out-numbering the blonde male. "I didn't know of a little stowaway in this castle—let me make do with you." Tim said as he closed his hands, spreading them apart to summon a scepter. Adam stood alerted as he kept an eye in his surrounding, but was shocked when the scepter's orb shone across the room, the guards suddenly groaning with pain. 'What the... this power—a specialty of those who possess... Memoir... so they're the same.' Adam thought as the guards soon calmed down, but it was evident that their aura resembled that of the dead, all pointing their weapons to the lone male.

"Memoir... Lucifer's Tag."

As Tim said those words, all the guards started to growl, attacking Adam who managed to dodge and take them out seeing that their attacks have the intent to kill. Tim watched with bemusement, his eyes flashed from icy frost to forest green whilst he swatted his scepter, making the guards chase after Adam. Moving from hall to hall, taking out countless controlled guards, Adam gritted his teeth as he felt the floor grumble. 'Shoot... that room! Lend me your ears, Sir...' 'Rest assured, your death is not close...' Adam heard as Ether Gopal looked out the window, seeing the clouds grow. Turning to a hall, Adam was shown at the garden, but to his rotten luck, he met Kokoci. The male's eyes gleamed with alarm, immediately summoning a seismic slice towards Adam who safely dodged. 'He says so... but this isn't the brightest day.' Adam thought as he summoned two swords, biting onto one's handle and slicing with the other.

Adam caught glimpse of guards moving behind Kokoci, forming a fine line as they stood in stance with gun pointed towards him. "Fire!" Tim and Kokoci commanded as the men shot multiple bullets to the lone male, making him slightly stiffen as he knew he couldn't possibly dodge all of them with the amount. He was alarmed when a loud crash was heard beside him, a translucent barrier placed on him as the guards were forced to stand back. "Am I raining on your parade, Adam?" A familiar voice stated as Adam looked back seeing a green-haired hooded alien alongside a blue-haired figure.