06 - Midnight Games

06 – Midnight Games

As the TAPOPS group alongside the Ether-Maru group started to journey inside Crimoire, Ying looked towards the horizon to see a large castle. "How long has this place been like this?" Maskmana asked, seeing that the ground was slightly burnt with dust being moved by the wind. "Ever since I've been born, this is how it has looked." Ether Boboiboy said as he recalled the countless times he visited the place, only for it to fall into ruins. "A shame this place had ended the way it is... but we have no choice other than accepting it as it is." Ether Fang said as they were entering a forest, minding the slightly slippery floor. Fang looked around to see that the place seemed to look like any other kingdom, but soon his thoughts were interrupted by a sudden gush of wind, looking back to see something rising from the ground. "What the—" "Soul Hunters. My presence has called them." Ether Gopal said as they had to move quicker.

As the monstrous souls crawled out and chased them, Gopal and Yaya stood back, managing to levitate the ground and cover their tracks. "Let's go! Now!" Kaizo said as he found an opening, making them fortunately exit the forest. As they bent down, gathering their breaths, they soon realize they were near the castle. "We arrived... but let's make one thing clear." Tarung said as they turn to him. "We shouldn't engage into battles. Our first priority is to rescue the two, those who can put up defenses must aid us—got it?" He added as the rest hummed in response, looking back to the castle. "There's an opening there." Maskmana said as he pointed towards it. "Yaya, if you will." Ying said as the woman nodded, raising her hand as she formed a bubble, soon lifting all of them into the large window, landing safely.

"I will try to keep look out, Boboiboy, Ying. Separate and find the hostages." Maskmana said as they all nodded, moving along as they searched the castle. Entering in and out of rooms with caution, Ying and Ether Gopal were turning the corner to suddenly hear a loud explosion. 'What? How can that be?!' Ether Gopal thought as he raised his hands, turning to see that the sound had come from another place, making him look over to see that the borders were being compromised. "T-That's—" "Gopal!" A loud yell came as they turned to see Zion present with an alarmed Kaizo beside him. "Your highness, this... they have planned this all along." Ether Gopal said as he felt angered by the thought of being fooled. "I have informed my brother of this, I will return to the borders as this may spiral out of turn." "I'll come to provide assistance." Kaizo said as Zion nodded, looking at the two.

After leaving the area, Ying turned to see a mysterious looking corridor. She went forwards as Ether Gopal and Gopal followed her. Entering the hall, Ying lifted her hand as she went closer, but rather than continuing down the hall, it connected with an invisible path. Ether Gopal was wide eyed as he followed her gesture, his hand passing through as well. "Be alert." Ether Gopal voiced before they entered. They were shocked to see a dim-lit library, looking around to see no signs of Kei or Ochobot.

"My, what a guest to have." A calm voice said as they had their backs together, looking to the side as a male with green hair appeared. Ying's eyes widened, realizing the familiar exterior.

"N-Nut!?" Ying called as the male raised a brow with a smile

"N-Nut!?" Ying called as the male raised a brow with a smile. "That's NUT!?" Gopal exclaimed. "No clue what you are saying, Madame... I go by Tim... now then you must be aware—" He snapped his fingers as the room started to rumble, books flying out the shelves as some remained on the air. "—this is my place, not your little play house." Tim said as Ether Gopal gritted his teeth. "So... you were that guy... that smartass that opened the window." Ether Gopal said, realizing the start of the plan as Tim smirked, snapping his fingers. "Memoir: Ballad of the Piper." Tim said as some books started to open, light shining out from them. 'Memoir... wait—don't tell me!? Is his power summoning!?' Ying thought as some of the books had formed certain figures out of them.

Meanwhile, Boboiboy alongside Fang and Ciciko were unfortunately faced off with a large group of knights, taking a bit of time to subdue them. "Anything?" A voice asked as they turned to see Ether Fang rise from his shadow. "My watch hasn't detected any signs of them, but I'll try to pick up my pace." Fang said as the latter nodded while they moved to another side. Ciciko walked over to open a door, but it soon burst open. 

They were shocked by Ciciko being thrown over, looking over to see a familiar blonde

They were shocked by Ciciko being thrown over, looking over to see a familiar blonde. "Rylan, so nice of you to come see us." Ether Fang said as Fang quickly checked on Ciciko before following the rest in battle formation. The male gave them a menacing glare, the scar on his left eye adding to his gaze. "I was expecting for blood... but I guess I cannot allow my men to have all the fun." Rylan said as Ether Fang scoffed.

"Tell that when you lay in a coffin."

As Ether Fang stated such words, Rylan flew upwards and collided his fist with a rocky surface. He was alarmed to see Earthquake present, making the element heave a breath before throwing him to the side. Rylan landed to his feet and looked up with interest, not expecting a familiar face and power from Boboiboy. "How intriguing. Let's see how you can keep up, boy." "I'd like to think we have a predetermined battle." Fang said as he gave an intimidating glare to the male who smirked.

"Hold your defenses!"

As Kaizo had worn his mask, slicing back his enemies whilst Zion returned to the palace. "How you holding up?" Tarung asked as the younger gave a quick nod whilst looking back to the battle field, seeing the place torched and messed up. "Admiral, keep your head in—" As a suave voice made them turn to side, seeing a red skinned alien, slightly similar to Allen. "—the Emperor has asked for assistance, all attack will be focused here." He stated as Tarung immediately recognized the well-featured male. 

"Bora Ra?!" Tarung stated as the male furrowed his brow

"Bora Ra?!" Tarung stated as the male furrowed his brow. "Shut it and get to work. We have much to settle." Allen said as he walked towards them with a slightly bloody axe. 'For someone so small, he has quite the skill.' Kaizo thought as he prepared for the next attack...